III: Blue Spider Lily

"Shirayuki, is it just me or there's hardly any people here?" Miyuki said while threading through the first village in the island.

She arrived in the island in four days with non-stop travelling. It wasn't only far from the mainland and but was also big.

It is almost the top-most island in Japan.

The island was divided into 8 villages, 3 of which have been raided already.

Apparently, the corps have already sent slayers before her, but has failed to report back. A total of 15 slayers.

Miyuki scanned the village to see if there's still a person. She stopped on her tracks after hearing something.

"Please come out, I bring no harm." She said while staying still.

A frightened girl went out from the ruined house, shaking.

"Onee-chan...you're a person...right?" The girl said.

Miyuki nodded and slowly walked towards her, gently smiling.

"Yes, I am a person and I'm here to help."

The girl's eyes somehow shined upon seeing her. She quickly held the pillar's hand and dragged her inside the ruined house.

"Mother! A person is here...she's come to help us!" The girl said.

Inside there are still other people, a total of 5, girls and women.

"Another one?! A youngster too, as if that will change anything!" a woman in her mid-thirties said while gripping her kimono.

Miyuki kept calm and went towards them.

"I need to know what happened so that I can get you to safety. This village has been raided a week ago, am I right? If so, what happened to the others?" She continued.

The others looked horrified from her questions, hardly speaking up.

Miyuki wondered why only women survived up to this date if the raid was already a week ago.

"It was a man...but not a person. He came here three weeks ago, and still keeps on coming at night."

"He...killed my husband. All of our men...he didn't killed us women. The others tried to escape the island somehow, but the boats have stopped coming. There are probably others like him at the bottom of the mountains."

Demons.

Miyuki already passed the bottom mountain but because it was still mid-day, and so there's no sightings.

If a demon has come to them already, Miyuki wondered why they aren't still dead nor eaten.

It was a horrible thought but it made sense.

"Did he ask you something? Why does he still come here?" Miyuki asked, not bearing to ask about their lives instead.

"He told us to search for something. A flower...I told him that it doesn't exist but...he said he won't let us leave the island if we don't bring it to him."

A demon looking for a flower? It was the first time Miyuki has ever heard of it.

Normal demons don't look for something other than humans for them to eat.

However, if that was the case...the pillar assumed it must be not just a normal demon. It could be a member of the Twelve Demon Moon.

"What flower is this?" Miyuki probed.

Demons had no use of flower. If it was, then it could only be for their leader...

Kibutsuji Muzan.