XII: (Side Story) The Young Lord and The Errand Boy

Note: This is the story of Sayuri, Miyuki's ancestor, that will better explain their history.

(Tamayo only knows some selected parts of this, but not all of it. Some of this has already been shared with Miyuki during their discussion from the last chapter. This is just the full details.)

Thank you!

-------------------------

Kiyohara Muchisato was a prominent man living in Nanakusa Island - a neutral reservoir of plants and medicines, the primary pharmaceutical source of Japan.

He lived at the top-most part of the island and owned a vast part of it. Due to him being an exceptional doctor, he used all the wealth he had in buying the area that he currently owned on the island.

A skilled doctor, and rather a mysterious one.

Muchisato dedicated himself in searching for ways of creating new medicines which can cure and extend the capabilities of human characteristics.

He did this upon stumbling into a rare flower...a rare flower that he discovered in his land.

At the top-most part of the island where his lands were; two to three times a year, there's a flower which bloomed there, but only in daytime.

The Blue Spider Lilies.

Kiyohara Muchisato was the only cultivator of Blue Spider Lilies and studied its existence.

The flowers' properties were so unique that it can heal any sickness a person has, at one point, it can even grant longevity.

Every experiment that he conducted, all his studies, he did them to his only family --- his only daughter, Kiyohara Sayuri.

Muchisato's wife has long passed away due to an illness and was left alone with her daughter.

Sayuri, too, was a sickly infant that's why Muchisato made haste and spent all his time finding a way to cure his daughter, making sure she can live.

So that she can survive, and she did.

Muchisato finished his studies and successfully made a concoction after 3 years, Sayuri was only four at that time.

He gave the concoction to his daughter religiously, 3 times a year, continuously. And by the age of six, his daughter went into a drastic change that he didn't expect.

No, Muchisato's child did not turn into a demon. Though Sayuri was seemingly a normal child, Muchisato noticed the change in her body's physical condition.

Sayuri had never acquired any illness no matter how many epidemics they have tended to. She grew up with excellent health and heightened senses; Muchisato even hypothesized the possibility of his child to live past the normal life expectancy of humans.

He was elated.

Both his discovery and his daughter, Sayuri, became his pride.

Though despite this, Muchisato decided to keep this a secret in the meantime and further made his study.

Ten years later, Muchisato caught the attention of a nobleman's condition somewhere in Japan.

He was a rich lord from an aristocrat family.

Born with a disease that most of the renowned doctors have diagnosed that will end his life before he reached his twenties, he offered a huge sum of money to those who will manage to heal him.

Kiyohara Muchisato was neither interested in the money nor for fame, he wanted to help with pure intentions. However, this decision he made was mixed with ignorance. It was far ambitious for his own good.