IV: Evacuate

Miyuki reached the second village. Unlike the first one, this was not yet raided.

Although, the people there already knew what was happening as they've started to barricaded themselves in.

"Who's there! Arrows!!!" Someone said from their gates.

Miyuki raised her hand in the air with her sword.

"I've come in peace..." She said, cringing to the line she just said.

"It's a woman with sword...should we let her in, chief?"

Miyuki waited outside their grounds. The night was still young and her senses told her that more demons are on their way to the village.

The gates opened and they let Miyuki enter.

Three men then came to meet her, two of which were bearing swords, and the one at the middle seems to be the chief. The chief looked behind Miyuki, at her sword.

"You're a slayer, aren't you?" He spoke.

"Yes, I am."

The chief eyed her from head to toe. Looking at her with skepticism.

"Aren't you too young? They should have sent a pillar, not just another slayer." He said.

Unlike the first village Miyuki went, this one was well aware of their existence. This may be as well the reason why their village was still holding despite the raids.

"I am a pillar." Miyuki said calmly.

She wasn't really fond of wearing her haori during fights and so she goes only with her uniform, making her look like a regular slayer rather than a pillar. Although, wearing a haori doesn't necessarily mean that you're a pillar.

Disregarding the fashion though, once seen closely, Miyuki's aura does the job of telling others that she was indeed strong.

"Anyway...why are you here instead of finishing the demons that terrorizes us."

Miyuki looked around their gates and saw Wisteria all over them. Most of them are already dried up.

"I would like to offer a proposal..."

Miyuki wasn't sure whether the village's front will hold for long if she were to go to the rest of the island. Her main plan was to weed-out all demons in the area before investigating the matter about the flower.

Since it was an island, it is dangerous to leave demons together with humans in one territory. Ultimately, the island will become a secluded hunting ground for demons and so she had no choice but to destroy each one of them.

"What?! You're telling us to leave this island?! No way we're doing that!" The chief exclaimed.

"Only temporarily. Once it's safe, you can go back again."

The chief snorted and crossed his arms.

"Our village is safe here, unlike the other villages, we're well aware of the existence of Demons. You've noticed the Wisterias that we have in our gates, didn't you?" He said proudly.

The sound of raindrops slowly filled the roof. The chief was still confident even though Miyuki had already thought otherwise.

Scent does not travel in the rain. Meaning...the lesser its effect.

"C-Chief!!! D-Demons! They're coming to the gates!" One of the guards announced which shocked the chief.

"H-How?!" He turned towards Miyuki who was looking at him boredly.