VIII: One's Name

"Idiot! Idiot! Idiot"

"Shiraishi Miyuki! Wake up! Idiot!"

Shirayuki decided to return to his master at sun down only to find her lying on the ground, unconscious.

The crow couldn't help but to panic. Miyuki has been unconscious for five hours already; he tried pecking her head, nose, and ears, but Miyuki still won't wake up.

It was already night, it's only a sheer miracle that a demon hasn't found and kill her yet.

Shirayuki suddenly felt chills in his beak as something fast was coming towards them.

"SHIRAISHI! IDIOT! A DEMON IS COMINGGGG!!!!"

The crow's high-pitched voice ringed through Miyuki's ears which made open her eyes.

"Shirayuki! I swear to God I'll roast-"

Miyuki didn't finished her sentence as someone quickly came in and greeted them with a kick. She caught her crow and quickly dodged the demon. His feet landed on the ground and created a huge impact.

"That was close. You almost became chicken dinner, Shirayuki."

The crow went somewhere in the woods and hide. Miyuki eyed thetowards in front of her.

"A woman?" The demon spoke.

The demon's aura was the first thing Miyuki noticed.

It was different from the demons she have faced before...even different from the Lower Moons.

The demon in front of him was almost of the same height as her. He had short pink hair and golden eyes, and his body was covered with several thick lines of tattoo.

If he was human, Miyuki could say that he was just a year older than her.

Miyuki then caught a glimpse of the characters engraved in his eyes.

Upper Moon Three.

"You, woman. You're a slayer, right? You're quite lucky." He said with a bored tone.

Miyuki took a deep breath and calmed herself.

She just went unconscious, and all of a sudden she remembered her past. Now that she's awake, an Upper Moon had just come. It was indeed her lucky day.

"So, you're the one who brought all those demons here in the island? I thought demons do not work together." she said.

The demon stepped forward and took a closer look to Miyuki.

"I thought I could use them to keep you slayers occupied, but it seems like they were pretty much useless..."

"You took them all out, right? I can tell...you're strong for a slayer. Are you a pillar?" He said, his face still serious.

Miyuki looked down to where he was standing, where she last saw the Blue Lilies.

It was already gone...not even a trace was left.

Was it a dream? Did Shirayuki and I hallucinate?

She sighed in relief and turned her attention to the Upper Moon again.

"You could say that I'm a pillar. Why? Do I look weak for a pillar?" Miyuki chuckled a bit.

There was a friendly tone from Miyuki's voice that made the demon wondered.

She sounded carefree, she wasn't tense too despite probably noticing him as an upper moon already.

"No, it's quite the opposite. Most of female pillars I've encountered are pretty much weak, and there's only a few of them. But you...your presence is different."