Chapter 1: Another Day at Warner Bros.

Brain entered the torn up lab set, about to clean up the mess that was made. Just then, Buttons and Dot entered the soundstage as well. They began helping Brain and Buttons asked,
"Hey Brain?"
"Yes, Buttons?" asked Brain.
"Is it ok if we come in and help you clean up this set?"
"Well, I suppose that'll do."
As they continued cleaning together, Brain asked,
"By the way, why are you and Dot dressed up in office outfits?"
"Oh, we just finished filming an office parody skit and nearly everyone was in it"
As they were cleaning up, Nora Rita Norita, the CEO of Warner Bros., entered the set, looking a little annoyed. She said,
"Brain! Please make sure to show up bright and early for your skit tomorrow. You weren't there in today's skit, despite everyone being required"
"Yes, Ms. Norita" replied Brain
"Ah, perfect"
She then left the soundstage.
Just then, a small grey cat enters the soundstage with a clipboard.
"Oh, hey Brain!"
"Hello, Rita" replied Brain.
"Did you sign up for studio improv lessons? It's brand new"
"Um...no"
"I think you should join. It could really help you improve your acting"
"I think I'm going to pass this one" Brain said in a monotone voice.
Slightly annoyed, Rita said,
"Oh well...just...make sure you show up for tomorrow's skit since everyone is required, just like Ms. Norita said so"
"Don't worry, I'll be there" replied Brain.
Rita then left the soundstage.

Just then, a cellphone rang and Dot quickly pulled it out from nowhere. She answered it by saying,
"Hello! This is Dot Warner, the cute one, speaking! How can I...oh, hi Skippy! How did filming the cops and robbers skit with Slappy go? Wait, it got canceled? Oh, sorry about that...my day has been...wait, what do you mean I can't see you for a bit...?"
Dot got a bit worried.
"Come on, tell me why! Pleeeaaase? Why not have a best friend's night? We haven't had one of those in forever! Skippy...we've been friends for years. Of course I still want to be friends with you! Why else would I want to know why I can't see you?"
Dot sighed.
"Oh well...if you insist on not telling me why I can't see you for a bit...then so be it. When we do get to see each other again, we must have a best friend's night! I can't wait to see you again-Um, Skippy...?"
Dot realized that Skippy hung the phone up early and she sadly put the phone away. With a few tears in her eyes, she then said,
"Well...my friendship with Skippy is holding up swell..."
She got out a tissue and wiped away some tears.
Brain, feeling a bit sorry for Dot, noticed this and said,
"Dot, please don't cry. We still have work to do"
Dot put her tissue away, wiped away a few more tears and said,
"Oh, right...I forgot that was what I came here to do..."
"I'm sorry Dot..." said Brain.
Dot then got out a mallet and destroyed an already broken prop, then she picked up the pieces and threw them away.

After about a few more minutes of cleaning, Brain got up and said,
"I believe it's time for a bit of a break. I'm going over to Beanies for some coffee. Would anyone like anything?"
Buttons replied with,
"No thank you. I need to stay focused for Mindy. Mindy's gonna go back to her parents soon and I want to make sure I can protect her. Her mom, especially, loves making me look like a bad dog. She recently took Mindy ALL THE WAY to New York to see Hamilton"
"Oh brother..." said Brain.
"And she actually liked it"
Buttons then continued with,
"And since they chose a place where I can't live with them because 'no dogs allowed', I thought to myself, 'oh yeah, Mindy's mom? I've had enough of being called a 'bad dog' after risking everything to protect Mindy when she was little! Two can play at this game!' So you know what I'm gonna do? When they become available, which is only a few minutes, I'm gonna snatch up tickets for this show since it's finally here in Burbank! And that show is Wicked!"
Brain then sarcastically replied with,
"Oh sure. She's gonna love that show just as much as Hamilton"

"What? It's a musical! Oh! Wanna join us, Brain? I think you'll enjoy it!! Remember when you used to watch over Mindy when she was little? Those sure were good times! She really liked you! Just like how she likes me so much that she considers me like a dad!"
Slightly annoyed, Brain replied with,
"Buttons, no. I'm not going."
"What? But why?" Buttons replied, a little sad.
"Are you planning on building machines again?"
"Not tonight. I just don't like musicals."
"So...you would rather do nothing as opposed to seeing Wicked with me and Mindy?"
"Not exactly. I'd rather be doing anything else than go see Wicked. The idea of sitting in a theatre to watch someone sing about how she's not evil despite what it says in the original Wizard of Oz book, is not my cup of tea. Plus, being trapped in a musical is my worst nightmare."
"So...you aren't gonna make me feel good about being a good dog...?"
"Sorry, Buttons"
After hearing Buttons whimper a little, Brain felt bad and said,
"I suppose I can make it up to you. Are you sure you don't want anything from Beanies?"
"I want to see Mindy happy when she sees me..." Buttons replied.
"I think I'll get you a caramel frappe"

Right before Brain left the soundstage, Wakko came in and ran into Brain.
"Oh, hi Brain! You're going to Beanies and didn't ask me what I would like?"
"What would you like, Wakko?" Brain asked
"Nothing, nothing...I don't want to overload your memory when you're trying to think of what you want to say!"
"What are you talking about?"
"I know why you're going to Beanies instead of going to a Starbucks that's right next to the studio!"
Doing some quick thinking, Brain said,
"Well, as a mouse, I want to support my fellow mice in a mouse owned business, which is what Beanies is. Starbucks is a corporation, it doesn't need any of my money"
"Oh sure, that's totally the reason" said Wakko in a sarcastic voice.
He then begins smirking and says,
"You sure it doesn't have anything to do with one of the baristas? Eh? Eh?"
"No"
"Not even for the latte hatte? Everyone knows him! The one who often says 'Narf!'"
Very annoyed, Brain walked out of the soundstage while saying,
"Goodbye, Wakko"
Wakko managed to shout to Brain,
"HEY! I CHANGE MY MIND! I'D LIKE A HOT COCOA! PLEASE??"
Wakko then shrugged it off and he began helping everyone else finish cleaning the soundstage.