Chapter 10: The Impost-Dot

WARNING: This chapter contains brief descriptions of gore (disembowelment, being shot, blood, ect.) These descriptions are brief, but needed for the story, so keep this in mind while reading. :)

    Those in the bunker could only stare in shock at what was left of the youngest Warner sibling. Her sweater had been torn open, a gaping hole where her guts USED to be. She was covered in what could be assumed her own blood (if toons really did bleed) but it was blue.
An ominous guitar chord rang through the air,
"It is time...TO DIIIIIIIE!!"
She held the note out, Skippy behind her, dancing to the music.
"Sorry to interrupt, but we've got bones to pluck, the time for chaos is long past overdue!"
The two advanced on the survivors, taunting them.
"Death isn't optional, in fact it's optimal, your time is up and now we go through you!"
Brain instinctively stood in front of Pinky, Buttons putting his own paw in front of the mice to protect them. Wakko stared at Dot, confused and didn't know what to think.
"We tried to convince you, in soliloquy...but now we'll KILL YOU with more than harmonies! JUST DIE!"
Dot and Skippy continued to lurch towards the survivors, singing together,
"Join us, and die, join us, and die, join us and die...all you gotta do is..."

All the survivors could do is back away from the infected kids, terrified of what they might do to them, if the song was any indication.
"ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS!!
Here's how it's gonna go, we're gonna kill you dead, and then we're gonna KILL YOU DEAD AGAIN!"
The bunker had devolved into chaos, the survivors scrambling to avoid them.
"We're gonna puke all that goop, into your mouth where you FOOD!
And all your cells will renew, and be enhanced!
It's a death-like process that you GOTTA SEE!
Your own body is your front row seat...TO DIE!!"
During the second chorus, the two infected slowly approached Buttons. Buttons frantically backed up, his hind legs almost touching the bunker walls.
"No! He has a daughter, sorta!" Pinky yelled
"Join us and..."
Dot threw Buttons aside and instead grabbed Wakko by the sleeve of his shirt,
"PUNCH IT! SQUEEZE IT!"
Skippy and Dot tossed Wakko between the two of them, taunting him, making faces at him, even stomping on his tail,
"CRUSH IT! KILL IT!"
While they continued to bully Wakko and describe the various gruesome ways they were gonna kill him, the door to the bunker burst open. Yakko strided in, wearing sunglasses and toting a shotgun in his hands.
"Here's how it's gonna go-"
Skippy's line was cut off, by Yakko coldly shooting him square in the head.
He lifted his sunglasses for a moment, locking eyes with Dot. Impulsively, he shoots her too.

The bunker was now completely silent.
"NARF!! Yakkini!!" Pinky gasped.
"You...you killed Dot!!"
Yakko dropped the shotgun, and his sunglasses. Any attempts of him looking "cool" were completely abandoned, as he stared at Dot's body. He pointed at Pinky with a shaky hand.
"Wrong." He said bluntly.
"You SHOT HER!" Brain rebuffed.
"Nope! No, I shot an Impost-Dot! See, see because it wasn't really her! I did deeper research into that 'goo' and I discovered, whatever's inside had completely taken over Skippy's mind. There was no squirrel left in him to save! I didn't kill my sister, I didn't..."
Yakko's explanation devolved into a panicked justification of his actions. He shook his head, regaining his train of thought.
"That alien goo reconstructs their victims from the inside out, wearing the victim's skin like a sick theme park mascot! Which means..."
As he spoke, Yakko crouched down, picking up his shotgun. The mice, Buttons, and Wakko had begun distancing themselves from the bodies of Skippy and Dot, and were now even wary of Yakko.
"Any ONE OF YOU could be part of the hive!"
Yakko pointed the gun at the survivors. "So we're gonna have ourselves a test! To see who's still toon and who's a sicko ALIEN!" He rambled.
"Now, Yakko I don't think-" Brain tried to protest, but Yakko jabbed the gun at the group, yelling,
"SING THE ANIMANIACS THEME SONG!"
The other survivors scrambled, mostly terrified of what Yakko could do with that gun (seeing what he had done to Skippy AND his little sister.)
"I don't hear any singing!"
Brain, Pinky, and Wakko did their best attempt of singing their theme song, and to be honest Wakko almost cried through the whole thing. Yakko cut them off, but Buttons was still going,
"-we're toon-y, we're all a little..."
He stopped, embarrassed.
"Okay. That was positively awful. Which means you're all safe...for now."
Yakko dropped the gun again, kicking it away for good measure. His attention turned to Wakko.