Chapter 8: After-School

Amity POV

"*sigh*"

"Uh? Milady, are you ok?" Zander asked.

I looked back at him and faked a smile. "I'm fine"

He looked back at Boscha, the girl that I met today, and continued to talk to her.

I looked back at where Luz was.

"I'll be leaving now. But I'll see you later Zander." I said.

He hummed in response.

I waved at Boscha and left.

Luz POV

"Ah your hand is so small!"

"W-What?! N-No it's not!" Rio exclaimed.

I laughed, but I couldn't help but feel like something's wrong. Like something's empty? Or, I don't know.

"Hey Rio, when's your birthday?"

"O-Oh it passed a couple of days ago..."

"Wait..... so I missed it?! Like, what day was it?" I asked.

"Well it was only a c-couple days ago... maybe 5 or 6 days ago"

"Oh. Do you want me to get you something?" I asked them.

"O-Oh no it's f-fine, really!" They said.

Well this is new. Rio raised their voice. I'll get them something anyways.

"Hm. Ok."

We continued to walk away, we still have 25 minutes until social studies anyways.

***

Ughhhh social studies is so boring...

I looked at my watch. 12 minutes until we leave this hell hole. I can't believe it's just the first day.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Finally! It's time to get out of here. But first I have to tell Amity about Rio.

I made my way through the student-packed halls, in search for the beautiful teal-haired girl.

No luck.

I guess I can just text her. But I'll have to do that later, I need to get to Rio.

-Luz and Rio's Convo-

Luz: Hey Rio, I'll be a little late but I promise to be there as fast as I can!"

Rio: ok

-------------------------------

"Geez Rio, you're a bit of a dry texter aren't you?" I laughed at my own comment.

Wait, I should probably get them something. Even though they said they didn't want anything, I'm still gonna give Rio a birthday gift. It'll be a late Happy Birthday gift!

I made my way to the school's garden, which was just outside the front entrance. I picked up a flower and put it in my hair. It was a beautiful sunflower, it's radiant yellow light nearly becoming blinding under the sunlight.

"Huh. Seems like the perfect gift for Rio!"

I looked at my watch and noticed it was 4:00.

I'm so going to be late.

Amity POV

"Hm. Should I go see Zander or not, Willow?" I asked the short haired girl in front of me.

We were playing a quick game of chess in the cafeteria. Currently, it looked as if it was anybody's game.

"I don't know. Do you?" She replied.

"I don't know. I don't like him much. Plus Luz has a bad feeling about him. She told me he was her ex. But I don't know. That's why I'm asking you, Willow!"

"Well that was a bad idea."

I scoff. "Yeah I know."

Ah crap! Did I come off as mean? I better apologize!

"Ah! I'm sorry Willow did that sound mean? I'm so sorry, please forgive me, You're a great friend an-"

Willow put a finger over my lips, shutting me up instantly.

"Shhh. do you hear that?" She said.

I listened carefully.

"Hear what?" I whispered.

"How amazing it sounds when you're not talking"

"Uh-"

"*WHEEZE* IM SORRY BUT- HAHAHA YOUR FACE AMI- AMITY-"

"....huh-"

Willow wiped a tear from her eye.

"Ahh, well we better get going. They're gonna want us to leave sooner or later, right?"

I nodded.

"Mk Willow, I'll see you later."

"Ok. Oh and about your 'Zander' situation. Go if you'd like. And if you do go, make sure Luz doesn't see you. She'll go bonkers."

"I'm just going so I can put him in his place." I said while laughing.

"Oh. Then forget everything I just said and kick his ass."

"Will do. See you later"

"Bye" Willow said while departing.

We went our separate ways and left the school.

"Where did Zander say we would meet up?" I wondered to myself.

"Well I'm right here, Milady."

I jumped and, to my surprise, there he was. Zander was right behind me.

How did he do that..?

"Uh well uhm I'm here Zander. What do you need?" I asked.

"Just a moment of your time. And I need to tell you something." He replied.

"Oh sure"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo whats up guys, its Kookie. Hope you liked the new chapter. I would love constructive criticism, as it will help me improve on my writing and plot. Anyways I'll see if I can update tomorrow. Anyways remember be gay, do witchcraft.

bye

-ChimKook

Word Count: 786