Chapter 21: Texting

Luz POV

"Just tell me what it said Luz" Boscha told me.

Our faces were centimeters apart. She had a firm grip on the collar of my shirt.

"Listen, I don't know what the hell you're talking about."

"You sent it on Snapchat." She responded.

"Wait- HOW DO YOU-"

Oops.

"AHA, SO YOU DID SEND SOMETHING" She exclaimed. "WHAT DID YOU SEND TO AMITY?"

"Nothing! It's none of your business?!"

She let go of my collar and rubbed her temples.

"It may not be my business, but you know what is? My friend's well being."

I blinked in surprise.

"Your friend doesn't even want to talk to me." I said. "And she's my roommate for fucks sake, so it's incredibly weird for your roommate to avoid you like the fucking plague."

"Amity told me about what you said to her at the library."

I sighed.

"If you're here to insult me and call me names then go away. I don't care if she told you what happened. I... meant it.."

"Luz.." Boscha put her hand on my knee as she looked at me.

We were both sitting on the table, just outside of the school.

"I know you're lying." She told me in a sweet tone. "I know you didn't mean it."

"Oh yeah? How would you know that?"

"Because of all you've done. Amity likes to talk about you. A LOT. It actually kinda gets on my nerves, not gonna lie, but you make her feel amazing, and I know she makes you feel good too."

I looked up at her with my head still hung low.

"Yeah well none of that matters anymore because I completely screwed everything up. It's my fault that she hates me now and-"

"Stop right there Noceda. Hate you?? The girl was freaking out over the fucking text that you deleted. Honestly, if anything, she thinks of you as more than just a friend."

"You really think so..?" I asked her.

"I know so." She said. "Well, I better get going, or else Amity might think I killed you."

Boscha started to get up, but I stopped her by grabbing her shoulder.

"It was a confession."

"Wha-?"

"The text. It was a confession. I was too much of a chicken to actually leave it there, but the text said all the things that I wanted her to know. Actually.."

I grabbed into my pocket, where the note that Willow wrote was.

"This is what I wanted to tell her."

Boscha grabbed the note as she looked at me and back to the paper.

"Is this Willow's handwriting?"

"How do you-"

I was interrupted by a sudden voice screaming.

"Boscha? Is that you?"

Oh crap, it's Amity-

She started walking to where we were until she saw me.

She froze in her tracks.

Her expression changed from confusion to anger and sadness. She made her way towards us.

"Luz fucking Noceda, why are you here?!" She semi yelled at me.

"O-Oh well I uhm.."

"Amity." Boscha said.

We both looked at her.

"What Boscha??"

"Here. Read this." She handed the note to Amity. I not-so-stealthily tried to get up and run away. "You. stay."

I immediately sat down.

I observed Amity's eyes as they slowly softened and tears began to form in the crevices of her beautiful honey yellow eyes.

God, I hate seeing her like this.

"Boscha.. whose note is this..?" She said, her voice cracking a little.

"Amity.. It's mine.." I said.

"A-And who is it f-for..?" She was on the verge of a breakdown.

"It's for you Amity.."

"O-Oh.."

Amity POV

A simple 'Oh' is all I could mutter.

"I'll leave you two alone." Boscha said as she hurried into the school's building.

"Amity listen," Luz started. "those were the exact words that I used for that text message. I'm sorry if I caused you any worry.."

I wiped my eyes.

"No Luz.. I'm sorry.. for everything.." I said, a little unsure of what I might say without reasoning. "I'm sorry for ignoring you, I'm sorry for being such a jerk, and for being selfish, a-and I'm sorry that I hurt you."

She grabbed my chin and gently lifted my head up so I can see her. Our gazes instantly connected with each other.

"Amity.. I love you.. and I don't think I can ever change that.." She said as she smiled brightly, tears also forming in her eyes. "I know its been a couple of months since we met, but I've never felt such a strong connection with someone as I did with you. I don't care if you're dating someone. I will still love you the same."

"Luz.. I don't think I'm ready to love you.. but I do like you. I like you a lot. And Zander.. he's just someone I hate. I only like you. But I don't love you. I'm sorry."

She sighed.

"It's okay. Take your time. I don't want to rush you into something that you don't want to do. I will wait for you, even if it takes over a decade."

I smiled.

"Thank you Luz."

We explored each other's eyes.

She had the most beautiful caramel eyes that suited her well tanned skin. They were comforting, reassuring, protective.

"Hey Luz..?"

"Yes Amity..?"

"Let's go to the dorms.. My night just became free if you know what I mean."

She blinked in surprise.

"You want to do it right now???"

I winked at her.

"Crikey.. I mean- of course, let's go-!"

I took her hand and guided her towards our dorm.

"Lay down on the bed." I said as we got there.

"Okay-"

"Now do you wanna watch Big Hero 6 or Luca?" I asked her with a big smile.

"Big Hero 6 of course!"

We cuddled the rest of the night, even though we had uncertain feelings about each other, it was nice to cuddle with someone you love.

Love..?

———————————————

Si señor como estan?

Im good btw :)

Ive got inspiration from my own feelings guys 🤩

adios :D

-ChimKook

Word Count: 1016