Chapter 22: Break

Luz POV

So it's been a while since that night. And guess what.. I am currently in 2 different sports!!

Of course I have my adorable cheerleader girlfriend, Amity, and my amazing best friends, Gus and Willow, and my cool teammate, Boscha!

Everything is going great for me.

"LUZ LEVANTATE TIENES QUE IRTE AL AEROPUERTO EN MEDIA HORA"

Right. Except it's not.

"Mija, acuérdate de tu cepillo de dientes, you know how bad your teeth get when you don't constantly brush them."

"Mamá... everybody's teeth get like that when they don't brush.."

"Yes, pero I am a dentist. You must have perfect straight teeth like your mom." She says as she smiles at me, her lips increasingly separating to show her gums as well.

"Mom I did not want to see that before a 2 hour flight.."

"Ay calmate, ni te hice nada."

"Yeah well you can take me to the airport now porfavor. Grassy ass."

"Mija you know I don't like when you mock our language without me."

Amity POV

Christmas break has been more of a chore than school has to be honest.

I'm just glad I got to keep in touch with Luz, although in secret.

"So Mittens.." Said Em, "When exactly are you going to end things with this boy again? Oops I forgot his name, do you remember it Ed?"

"Hmm I think it was something like Zastupid or Zaidiot.. I'm not completely sure on which one it is though." Edric said with a chuckle.

Oh yeah, I haven't broken up with Zander yet. It's so difficult for some reason, it's like he knows I'm trying to break up with him and he somehow avoids it all.

~Flashback~

"Hey Zander we need to talk.."

"Sorry Ams can it wait? I have football practice tonight."

"Zander we should really talk-"

"About tonights game? Yeah isn't it crazy, the Buccaneers are trash aren't they?"

"Zander we should talk, like right now."

"You're right."

"Finally, you listen to me-"

"What do you think suits me better, navy or black?"

~End of Flashback~

Yeah, he's not the best listener..

But it all ends tomorrow when we come back to school.

Yep.. definitely tomorrow..

Willow POV

I spend almost my entire vacation with Boscha, Amity's friend. Who knew she was so good with her fingers? She has to teach me guitar some day.

We went to a ski resort with some of her friends in Iceland then Norway. It was honestly really fun, and we bonded over our best friends being absolutely idiots. It was really nice...

Gus POV

GUYS REMEMBER THE BEE I SAW A COUPLE WEEKS AGO?? I MAY HAVE ACCIDENTALLY SQUISHED IT WITH MY CAR..