Chapter 8 - Ambiguity

Harry couldn't sleep. He stayed up all night and watched how the darkness behind the window was slowly replaced with the sunshine, which only reminded him how much he wanted to go outside, and how much he missed breathing the fresh air.

But there was also other things in Harry's mind. The kiss bothered him because he didn't know what it meant. Did Lou like him? No, of course not, he had kidnapped Harry, why would Lou fancy him? To Harry, Lou seemed like a straight guy, not gay. 

"I am straight", Harry said out loud to himself. Or at least I thought I was.

Stop it, Harry! He was just horny. He is just horny. And lonely. It was understandable that he got a little bit excited when Lou kissed him. Like, Lou wasn't exactly bad looking. And he sure as hell knew how to kiss. But it didn't mean anything, did it?

Harry was totally overthinking, but he had jerked off while thinking about his kidnapper, so he had a goddamn right to overthink.

Besides, what if Lou starts to ignore him now? Harry slapped his forehead. He felt so stupid because of course Lou will ignore him, he had been doing that since the very first day. So nothing new under the sun. And Lou had kissed him first, so technically if someone had the right to start ignoring people, it was Harry. Not that he wanted to do that.

Another thing that worried Harry was his plan to befriend Lou. Yes, he hadn't done any progress, but still he was slightly worried because he didn't know whether the kiss turned things better or worse.

Overthinking. Totally overthinking.

Suddenly the door opened and Harry almost screamed, but managed to cover his mouth in a last second. He narrowed his eyes when Lou walked in, smiling smugly. He threw something at Harry, who caught it easily. A water bottle. 

Lou closed the door, and leaned his back against it. "Did you have fun last night, Harry?"

And, yeah, okay, now Lou was definitely mocking him. "Fuck you", Harry said, and opened the water bottle and took a sip.

"That's not a nice thing to say", said Lou, smirking devilishly. Harry wanted to slap him.

"Fuck off."

Harry was embarrassed and he just really wanted Lou to go away because he was too tired to listen his mocking.

"Did you say my name when you came?"

Harry threw the water bottle towards Lou, but the guy dodged it easily. Harry glared at him. "That's sexual harassment", he said, which made Lou laugh. Literally laugh. Harry frowned. "And it's not like I even know your name so..."

"Don't worry, kiddo. I'm not interested", Lou said. "I'm just messing with you."

It didn't make Harry feel better, because even if Lou had been just messing around, it had made Harry question his own sexuality so of course he was worrying — he had no idea what the hell to do.

"Well then why... Why the fuck did you kiss me? For God's sake I—"

"Chill a little", Lou said, shrugging. "It's not that serious. It was just a kiss."

Harry pulled his hair and rubbed his eyes. He was confused, tired and the room was the last place where he wanted to be at that moment.

"I really wanna go home right now", Harry muttered, turning his eyes away from Lou. "I'm dying in here."

"Oh, shut up, princess. You have your kitten and everything."

Harry laughed sarcastically, because, oh yes, that made everything just perfect! Lou had no idea how hard it was for Harry to stay sane. Harry wanted to scream how horrible he felt but he knew it would be pointless, so instead of screaming, he concentrated on more important things.