Chapter 31 - Open My Eyes

Not again, was Harry's first thought when he regained consciousness. He knew where he was even before he had opened his eyes.

No, not a cold, hard floor but a big, warm, soft bed.

What Harry couldn't understand was why.

He sat up and blinked a few times, then let his eyes roam around the familiar room. So he was back in the house, in his room. The last thing he remembered was Malik's knee hitting him in the face. Harry lifted his hand to touch his face but it didn't hurt. It was like nothing had happened.

And then Harry remembered Louis and Gemma. Where were they? What happened to them? Also, generally, what the fuck was going on? Harry stood up and took a few steps and frowned. He felt good which was rather weird because he recalled getting a few punches during their short attempt to run away.

Suddenly the door opened and Louis stepped inside. Harry's first reaction was, to his own surprise, smile but then he realised that something was off, Louis wasn't being himself.

"Louis, what's wrong?" Harry asked. "Where's Gemma? What's going on?"

"She's in the room next to yours."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows. "Why are you roaming around free? Why am I in this room? Talk to me."

"We got caught", Louis said, deadpanned. "I agreed to obey Troy, he will send me to Russia do some business."

Harry's mouth dropped open. "What? I honestly don't believe you, the fuck, Lou?"

"You'll never leave this room again."

"I don't believe you!" Harry yelled but when all he got from Louis was cold, soulless stare back, he broke down, totally lost it and started screaming.

***

Harry sat bolt upright, eyes widened and heart bumping fast. It took a few seconds before he realized that it was only just a dream, he was still in the motel.

Hold on. Harry frowned. Why was he still in the motel?

Slowly Harry turned his head and saw Louis and Gemma, lying on the floor in their own blood.

Dead.

And he screamed, or more like bellowed, holding his head.

***

This time he really woke up. He couldn't hear anything because he couldn't stop screaming, he couldn't move and he couldn't breathe. Not open his eyes, nothing. He was paralyzed, only thing he could do was scream and scream and scream.

He didn't stop until he heard Louis' loud voice yelling, "Harry! Harry! It's me, calm down, it's me!"

Slowly Harry's scream faded away and his eyes fluttered open. First thing he saw was Louis sitting next to him, holding him down. Explains why he couldn't move. Then he noticed Gemma standing a few meters away, staring at him with red, puffy eyes. They both, Louis and Gemma, seemed unharmed. And then he took in their surroundings.

The cellar.

Now that's a realistic place to wake up.

"You cool? I can let go?" Louis asked, raising an eyebrow and when Harry nodded, Louis immediately let go of him, sighing in relief. "Thank God, it hurt so much."

Harry sat up, distantly realising that he probably had a black eye and or concussion. "What happened?"

"They brought us back", Louis said, shrugging. "That's pretty much it. Ljosha carried you, bumped your head at least three times to the wall on the way."

"He did it on purpose, that dickhead...", Harry muttered and rubbed his head. "Explains my headache, then."

"And Malik kneed you in the face so there's that...", Gemma muttered.

"They just... took us back in here? Nothing else? No more broken bones?" Louis shook his head and Harry frowned. "Nothing? Really?"

Louis shook his head again. "Nope. Apparently Troy's orders were to get us back unharmed if possible."

"Uh-huh...", Harry looked around, still frowning. "How long have we been here?"

Louis looked at Gemma who shrugged. "About an hour, maybe two", she said, taking a shaky breath. "What's going to happen next?"

Harry and Louis shared a look and then Louis said, "Probably we'll have to meet Troy rather soon. I missed our last appointment, he may be a bit dissatisfied with me." Louis let out a dry laugh because somebody had to.

"And then what?" Gemma whispered, scared.

Louis thought about what to say so that she wouldn't freak out but Harry was being the ultimate idiot again and opened his mouth before Louis could stop him and said, "We probably die."