Chapter 9 - Dead Ahead

After Harry got over the shock of learning Lou's real name, the boredom hit back. And it was a bad thing because Harry didn't have any other choice than just start thinking everything Louis had told him. It didn't matter whether he could handle it or not, he couldn't escape his own mind.

Well, as a matter of fact, Harry may or may not have used his newly discovered jerk off material a couple of times, but sadly enough, Harry couldn't wank 24/7, so finally, when the world outside of the window was becoming dark again, Harry allowed himself to think about his impending — possibly in the near future — death.

Harry really wanted to think that he could get out but deep inside he knew that it was impossible. Louis would never let that happen and there was nothing Harry could do. Escaping was literally impossible.

But on the other hand, when this anonymous, Person X or whatever, comes, and Louis leaves, Harry might have a chance. Not everyone can be as careful and smart as Louis. All Harry has to do is just wait that Louis leaves him and the new person comes and makes a mistake — then Harry could get out. That is if this person doesn't kill Harry right away.

That made Harry realise something. No, Person X wouldn't kill Harry right away because if he wanted Harry to be dead, he wouldn't be still alive. So this Person X wants something from Harry. Needs something from Harry. Sadly, Harry had no idea what that something was. 

Harry walked in front of the bedroom window, and stared into the darkness, his mind racing in full speed. 

There must have been some reason why this Person X made Louis to kidnap Harry. Why not do it yourself? Why put someone else to do it? As far as Harry knew, Louis job was to kidnap Harry, keep him safe and healthy in the room where he could never escape. Then, as Louis said, when the "time is right", this Person X takes Louis place. But what for?

What is it that they wanted from Harry?

Who is this Person X anyway?

No matter how hard Harry tried to come up with some name, he couldn't imagine anyone who would want to do this to him. He didn't have enemies, no psycho ex-girlfriends, no lunatic stalkers... he was a really kind and likable guy, so why on Earth is this happening to him?

The way Harry saw it, Louis was the only reason why Harry was still alive. And yes, trapped in a fucking boring room, but alive nevertheless. And when Louis is out of the picture... 

Harry slapped his hand to cover his mouth and felt how the panic started rising. When Louis leaves, Harry would die. It was the cold, ugly truth. But when will Louis leave? Tomorrow? In two weeks?

Harry's heart started beating faster and faster, and he had to accept the truth: the only way out is death. Whoever was doing this to Harry, they wouldn't just let him go back home. It would be stupid, even Harry knew that — he had seen Louis' face, and probably would see Person X's face too. He simply knew too much, even though Harry felt like he knew nothing at all.

There's always a but. Now, Harry definitely wanted Louis to stay with him as long as possible, BUT he was a little bit curious to see who was the person who had planned it all. He wanted to see who was the person who had decided to ruin his life. He wanted answers, but he was scared because when he gets the answers, he probably would die right after. 

"Oh my God", Harry muttered, and literally ran back to his bed, and slumped down, his face against the pillow. It was overwhelming. Thinking was overwhelming and Harry didn't want to think anymore because nothing made sense. Absolutely nothing and he would go crazy if he continues thinking.

But it was really hard not to think, because thinking was the only thing he could do in his loneliness.

Being the desperate guy he is, Harry went to the door, and knocked on it.

"Louis?" he said loudly. "LOUIS!"

He heard the footsteps behind the door, and then Louis' voice asking, "What?"

"I need to talk", Harry said, taking deep breaths. He wanted to calm down, but it seemed to be a damn near impossible.

"Talk to your cat."

"Please", Harry half-whispered, and he wasn't even sure that Louis heard it.

It was silence for a moment, and then the door opened, and Harry took a few steps back. Louis walked in and closed the door. He gave Harry a questioning look.

"Well what is it?"

Harry walked right next to Louis, and then slipped himself between Louis and the door, blocking Louis' way out. Louis raised an eyebrow to Harry's actions, but didn't try to push Harry away. He even moved a little bit farther away from Harry and the door.

"I'm so damn close to having a panic attack", Harry said, staring at Louis. "No, don't say anything! Let me continue."

Louis had opened his mouth to answer but now he closed it, and crossed his arms, waiting for Harry to continue.

Harry leaned his back against the door, and exhaled slowly. "I want to go outside."

"No."

"Listen to me!" Harry exclaimed. "I don't mean you should open the door and let me go. I mean you should take me to outside, let me breathe the fresh air and then walk me back in here."

"No", Louis repeated, and took a step closer. "Are you done?"

Harry shook his head, and said, "No, I am not done. I need this, I really need this. Please, if I'm going to die, it would be only fair to let me have this."

Harry knew that Louis could easily move Harry from blocking his way, but Louis didn't. Instead Louis tilted his head, and narrowed his eyes, standing now quite close to Harry.

"Is this like your last wish or something?" Louis asked, amused.

Harry shrugged, and gave Louis a desperate look. "Interpret it how you want", Harry said. "I can't be alone in this room — I can't face my own thoughts — and I don't wanna fucking die without remembering what it was like to feel wind touching my skin."

"Sorry, but no", Louis said, and slightly pushed Harry. "Move."

Harry, however, remained still. "No", he said, staring at Louis stubbornly. "I won't move until you accept to take me outside."

"Don't make me move you, I'm really not in the mood", Louis sighed.

"No!"

Louis sighed. "Please move", he groaned, now so close to Harry that their chests almost touched.

"Make me", Harry whispered, breathing heavily because Louis was standing so close, and it made Harry feel a little bit dizzy. "Come on, make me. I'm dying anyway, so what's the point being careful with me, huh? Move. Me."

Once again, Harry was provoking Louis, but he couldn't help it — besides, he was quite sure Louis wouldn't hurt him. They were so close that Harry could see every detail in Louis' eyes, and then Louis narrowed his eyes.

Harry gulped, but didn't turn his eyes away nor did he move. He kept looking into Louis' eyes, until suddenly Louis lifted his hand and moved Harry's hair away from his face.

Harry's heart skipped a beat when he felt Louis fingers against his skin, but he still didn't move. Louis dropped his hand and sighed.

"I'm going to regret this", Lou sighed, and then took a pair of handcuffs out of his back pocket, lifting them up. "Turn around, hands behind your back."

Harry's eyes widened, and his eyes flickered between the handcuffs and Louis. He had no idea what was going on, and he tried to back away from Louis, but he was already standing against the door. He was having so many scary thoughts, funny thoughts and... dirty thoughts that he didn't know what to say. Or how to even speak for that matter.

"I— what?"

Louis turned Harry around so that he was now facing the wall and handcuffed his hands. "We are going to a moonlight stroll", he murmured in Harry's ear.