Chapter 4

Aaliyah's P.O.V.
After driving for a while we finally pulled up to where Imani, Chris and I will be staying for the week. When we pulled into the drive way I see Imani getting out of the car and Chris going into the house.

"Hey mom." Imani said awkwardly while walking over to me giving me back my keys.

"Thanks." I said taking the keys.

"Hey drake you think you could come in for a minute, I just wanted to talk to you about earlier." He asked.

"Uh...sure I can stay for a bit." Aubrey said kind of unsure.

We all walked inside and my older brother was in the living room sitting on the couch.

"Wassup baby sis?" He asked smirking at me

"Hey big head. Aubrey this is Chris, Chris this is Aubrey." In introduced.

"Nice to meet you bro." Chris said pulling Aubrey into a bro hug.

"You too man!" Aubrey said pulling back from the hug.

"So...we can talk in the back yard." Imani said pointing over his shoulder to the backyard.

"Cool." Drake said then followed Imani outside, and they sat down by the fire pit.
——————————————————
Drake's P.O.V.

"Look I just wanted to apologize

"Look I just wanted to apologize. I was out of line for saying what said." Imani said. I could tell he felt bad about the situation.
"Look it's cool kid. I know exactly how you feel, I was raised by my mom too. When I was around your age she started dating too. I would do anything in my power to chase those dudes away. But now that I look back on it, I wish I hadn't. I wish I let her find happiness, I was just afraid of her getting hurt." I explained.

"Honestly that's exactly how I feel. You're a cool guy and you've been nothing but good to me, but I've heard your music and my mom isn't just gonna be a random name drop on your next single." He said with a stern face.

"I get it, and trust me I have no intentions of hurting her. I am serious about pursuing your mom. I want you to know that and be able to trust me with her heart." I honestly explained to him.

"Okay, as long as your intentions are pure and you really care about her, I have no problem with it."

"That means a lot, and just know I'm here for you too. I cared about you too. You can always count me." I said.

"Thanks, I just have to tell you one more thing. I lied, Chris isn't my dad, he's my uncle. My dad doesn't even talk to me let alone come to my games. I don't even know if he knows I play basketball." He said with his head down.

"I know exactly how you feel. When my parents split up and my dad moved back to Memphis I started to see him less and less. Then it got to a point where I just never saw him. But we rebuilt our relationship and we are better than ever now." I explained

"I told my mom that I'm ready to find him and try to build a relationship, but I'm just scared you know. I don't want to be rejected by him again." He said.

"As soon as he meets you he'll know how incredible of a kid you are and regret all the time he missed. I'm so impressed with you and I haven't even been around you that long."

"You're right! Thanks for the advice. Now back to my mom, do you know where you're taking her?" He asked smiling now.

"I figured I would do a nice romantic dinner. Is there anything she likes in specific?" I asked.

"She loves steak, she's a bit of a snob about it but she loves it. She also loves a good bottle of wine. And she absolutely love jazz. Maybe take her somewhere that plays jazz while you eat." He suggested.

"That's great man thanks! One of my favourite restaurants out here, Delilah, has jazz nights on Sunday. I'll just call and rent the restaurant out. I appreciate it kid." I said note getting up so we can head back inside.

"As long as you keep your word and treat her good we're cool. And I'm really gonna take in what you said and try to call my dad on Sunday." He told me as was walked back in the house.

"Whoah! Imani did you just say you're gonna call your dad?" Chris said overhearing our conversation.

"Yeah I'm just gonna go for it, if he doesn't want a relationship with me that's his loss." Imani said. I smiled and nodded and patted his shoulder.

Then I left Imani and Chris to talk and walked into the kitchen where Aaliyah was.

"Hey, I just had a great talk with Imani. We're cool now, he told me he's gonna reach out to his dad on Sunday. How do you feel about that?" I asked her

"Wow he really opened up to you, he must like you. But I'm okay with it, I moved on from him a long time ago. I just hope he doesn't disappoint him you know." She explained.

"I feel you. Like I said I've been there." I shrugged.

After we finished talking I said my goodbyes to Chris and Imani then Aaliyah walked me to my car and I left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was more of a filler chapter, but I hope you guys liked it. More is on the way!

Thanks for reading remember to vote and comment! 😁