Chapter 18

1 month later

It's been an amazing month. Imani has been celebrating his win with Ryan and his teammates non stop. He and Ryan decided to go on a couples trip to Puerto Rico together, so that's where they are right now. It makes me happy to see him so happy.

It seems like they're in a better place now and that makes me really happy. I think Imani was just really stressed about the championships and was not prioritizing his relationship but they both look to be really happy again.

Things have been amazing with Aubrey too. He's spent the whole month working on his album and actually finishing it. I got to be in the studio with him this whole time and was fortunate enough to see him work. He's truly a musical genius. He's so talented and I'm so proud of him. I know the world is going to love this album.

Tonight is the album release party in LA because the album officially comes out at midnight. All of Aubrey's fellow rappers and musicians will be there tonight so it should be a great time.

"Baby, I got you something to wear for tonight. I think this will look sexy on you. I wanna see you in it." Aubrey said laying a dress in a garment bag his bed for me.

"Well then I can't wait to wear it for you babe." I said getting on my toes to give him a kiss.

"Are you excited for tonight? I know you've heard most of the album, but there's a couple songs I added last minute that you haven't heard."

"I'm excited baby I can't wait to hear the whole album tonight. And I know everyone else is going to love it too." I assured.

Later That Night

Aubrey and I almost finished getting ready but of course it always takes me forever to get ready and Aubrey is somehow always waiting on me.

"Alright baby, I'm ready to go!"

"Finally damn, I thought you were gonna make me miss my own album release." He joked. We made our way to the front of Aubrey's LA home and got into the Escalade that was waiting outside for us.

Once we got to the party the vibe was incredible. Everyone was enjoying the album, dancing and drinking. Luckily for me Alyssa and Chris were here partying with us. I don't really know too many of Aubrey's friend's girlfriends other than Chubbs. A lot of his rapper friends just have random hoes around and I rarely see them with the same girl twice.

Sometimes the girls are nice but sometimes they'll be trying to flirt with my man knowing they came here with his friends and he is with me.

One of my favourite songs on his new album started to play, 'Pipe Down'. I immediately pulled Aubrey straight to the dance floor and started dancing with him.

After listening and paying attention to the words I realized the song was essentially about buying my love back.

"You know I didn't get back with you because of the stuff you bought me right? You can't buy my love Aubrey, I'm with you because I love you as a person baby." I assured.

"I know baby. I'm just used to being with women that only responded to lavish gifts. I thought that would work with you too but I know better now, and I love you even more because of it." He then leaned down to kiss my lips as we rocked to the song in the background.

Aubrey spent the last 20 minutes introducing me to people. The party was just ending and only a few industry people were still there mingling and networking.

"Ah this is Lucien Grainge. He is president of the label I've partnered with OVO. Lucien this is my girlfriend Aaliyah."

As soon as I heard Aubrey say his name, my chest tightened. I haven't seen him in 10 years and somehow all the pain, fear, and disgust came back as if it was yesterday. I just felt my legs moving and somehow I ended up in the bathroom.