chapter seven

Two hours later
Harry's POV
I wake up still big but very content with the way i am positioned in the arms I'm in. I open my eyes to see the man awake reading a book called 'how to take care of a little and find their caregiver.' by Armondo De'Cardo. Apparently i made some sort of noise or something because the next thing i know i can only see the obsidian colored eyes.
"Let's get you changed and fed because we have a long day ahead of us, ok little buddy" i head him say before he grabs something, waves it and we stop rocking. He stands up with me still bundled up with my dummy still securely placed in my mouth. He lays me on some type of table and starts unwrapping me from my new favorite blanket, because I've never really had a blanket to call my own.
Once the strange man unwrapped me i noticed that i was cuddling with a snake stuffed animal. I look at him curiosity and confusion interlaced in my eyes. All he says is that it is mine and that no one can take it from me. I smile slightly and hug my new stuffed animal. While the man was keeping me distracted with my stuffed snake he carefully started to undress me to change me into a new nappy without me noticing. Once he changed me into a new nappy he got my attention to do something, i think. But i have no clue.
"Do you have a favorite color?" He asks me. I think for a second before pointing to the color green. I see him smile slightly which makes me feel like i did something right. He pick me up making me now realize that i am only wearing a nappy which I'm ok with the nappy because it's more comfortable than underwear. But my problem was the fact that 1) i have no clothes on and it's cold 2)  he has cold hands 3) he left my blanket on the table. I start softly whining without noticing i am. Once i notice I'm whining i immediately shut up and prepare to be hit, even though my heart tells me that this man won't hit me but experience  and past happenings tell me to prepare. I feel his hand gently on my back rubbing it because i ended up crying in all the panic. He starts shushing me quietly while bouncing me to calm me down. I see him notice I'm shivering and wraps me in his cloak and goes back for my blanket. Once he wraps me back in my blanket i start to calm down enough to lay my head down on his shoulder only just sniffling.
" Do you want your dummy back in your mouth?" He asks quietly in my ear.
"No thank you, if i have it in my mouth I'll most likely go back to sleep and i know we have to go somewhere," i say even though I would absolutely love to have my dummy in my mouth. I lay my head back on his shoulder while he walks over to a door. He opens the door to show a huge walk in closet. I then see him go over to another door into another walk in closet  full of smaller multicolored clothes that look like they would fit me. He sets me down for a second and goes towards the green clothes and found a shirt with a cool moving snake on it. He shows me the outfit and i smile wider than i ever have. He smiles rolling his eyes and comes over to put me in the outfit.
"So now we know what clothes to bye you for free wear," he says while I'm playing and talking to the snake. I look at him to see that his eyes have glazed over and he looks like he's about to cry. I look over to him concerned and he wipes his eyes saying that he's fine.

Severus' POV
I wipe my eyes saying I'm ok and he stands up and hugs me around the waist and i let my tears fall while i kneel down and hug him back. We sit like that until Minerva comes to check on us. I quickly wipe tears and stand up still holding harry. I hear his breath start evening out knowing that he probably fell back asleep. Minerva signs (American sign language) asking if he fell asleep and i nod.
We start walking out of the closet making sure we grabbed his blanket and snake. Minerva helps me wrap harry in his blanket then in my robe so i can easily carry him ( my robe has an unnoticeable extension charm so he can be hidden quite well and one of the pockets is big enough to hold the malnourished, to small for his age boy) we start walking only to find we are face to face with Dumb-as-a-door.
" Good day headmaster. Do you need something?" I ask In my usual monotone voice.
"Ah! Severus my boy, i actually need to talk to you, has anything changed with your mark?" He asks way to excited to see if my husband is up to anything. I shake my head and he looks a little angry and is hiding it terribly. He gives us a nod and walks away trying to keep his cool. I almost chuckle at his antics but keep up my mask and look to Minerva to see her about to blow so i carefully make it so harry can't hear her blow. I nod at her  signalling that she can let it all out and she yells and cusses about the dumbash (if you know what that means then don't say anything, I'm trying to keep the story as friendly as possible)
"Ok, I'm done. Sorry about that sev," she says after about ten minutes of yelling. I check to see if Harry's still asleep while we walk out to the apparation point which luckily he is out like a light because normally kids around 11 or younger get sick from the feeling of apparation. Littles tend to get even sicker than normal kids. Once Minerva and i got to diagon alley we went to go to Gringotts with the sleeping boy still in my robes. I nod at the surprised goblins as we pass by them. Once we are inside i motion over to a free goblin and we head over to them.
"Excuse me sir but i need an inheritance test for a little," i say quietly as to make sure no one but him hears. The goblin nods and beacons me and Minerva to follow him. Once in the back room i carefully take a still sleeping harry out and carefully wake him up. Once he's up the goblin starts explaining.
"Hello my name is griphook, i am the manager of the potter vaults" the goblin states after Harry's completely awake and not in headspace. Harry nods and tries and fails to get off my lap.
"What's wrong harry?" Minerva asks as harry keeps shifting, then it hits me.
"You do realize you can tell us if you need to go or ask for help going right. Your not at those people's house anymore and you have to remember you also have a nappy on for if you need to go,ok?" I tell him in his ear. I realize how hard it was to go last time and asked if he wanted help and he nods still whining and shifting uncomfortably. He looks at me with pleading eyes because he was holding it for far to long making it painful and really hard to go without help. I slowly and carefully push on his blatter to help him and he starts crying like he did this morning. I carefully pick him up and turn him around so he can hug me. After about 30 seconds he finally let go and starts sobbing because he's not used to peeing in a nappy let alone infront of anyone else. I stand up bouncing him carefully whispering sweet nothings in his ear to calm him down. After about 40 seconds i finally got him calm enough to be Able to sit back down.

A couple minutes later the sniffles died down and griphook started speaking again.
"Ok now that he's calmed down we are going to be 5 drops of his blood please," griphook says almost...... Gently. WAIT GENTLY!?!? Goblins are NOT gentle creatures for the most part. Griphook gets out a small blue dagger slowly and carefully as to not scare harry but as soon as he sees the dagger he tenses up and starts violently shaking. I start to carefully rock him and say that once we have the blood on the paper that i will heal his finger but we need to blood to see how much money he has and stuff like that. And how after we can get him s real pet snake of his choice. After hearing that after he could get a snake he carefully let the goblin cut a little part of his finger and get the blood, as soon as all the blood that was needed was got, i pull his little hand to me and whisper a healing spell.

An
Sorry for the wait everyone!! I didn't completely forget about the book, i just got a little preoccupied with other random things, i would also like to thank you guys for 1.54K READS!!! Thank you, i honestly didn't think i was going to get over tem at the beginning... Then earlier today i look out of curiosity and see 1.54K people have read my trashy story, it just makes me feel so happy 😊 have a great day/night everyone and don't forget to take care of yourselves!!