chapter nine

What Harvey looks like after getting everything removed and what he's wearing, the only thing is his hair is shoulder length.
~parceltounge~

Severus' pov

After Harvey hugged his newly appointed grandmother he comes back over to me and cuddles in my lap most likely for a nap. While he's asleep Minerva, griphook and i finish up any and all work left. Around two ish hours later we are all done and we can finally go get Harvey new clothes of his choice, and his own snake.
"Whewe we goin mama?" I hear Harvey ask in a small sleepy voice that i have to stop myself from cooing at.
" How about if we go get your snake then some new clothes, how does that sound hunny?" I ask in a softer tone then anyone has ever heard from me. He nods looking excited. I pull out a cloak exactly like mine except smaller , and put it on him causing him to smile. I put him down but still hold his hand. When we get outside, Minerva comes to his other side holding his hand making him let out an adorable giggle that melted my frozen heart. As we were walking i notice Harvey subtly trying to stop holding our hands, so i lean down slightly and ask quietly ask,
" Are you big again, Hun?" And he nods as i let go of his hand as we walk.
"Where are we going first?" He asks
"How about clothes then your snake, then school supplies and after some ice cream?" I reply as his eyes widen and nods fast causing me and Minerva to chuckle as we continue to knockturn alley for clothes for the boy.
"While walking to the clothing store, i want you to stay right next to me, i don't want anything happening to you, you may look different than you did, but i don't trust people right now, ok?" I say to Harvey right at the edge of knockturn alley . He nods and we start walking again.

When they made it to the shop

They make it in the shop with no issues and go to the front waiting for the owner so Harvey can be sized for clothes. Two seconds after we made it to the front we are met with a middle aged woman.
"Hello, how may i be of assistance to you?" She says in a softish stern voice after seeing Harvey and what he is wearing.
" He is going to need Hogwarts robes, and some regular clothes for around the castle and maybe some clothes for when he's regressed?" I ask her politely not wanting to seem rude. She nods and grabs his hand and pulls him to a platform gently.
"Do you want us to come back with you?" I ask Harvey and he shakes his head saying he thinks he'll be fine on his own. About an hour later he comes out smiling widely and skipping to us hugging me.
"What's got you so happy bud?" Minerva asks bending down to his height.
"Im getting so many cool and cute new clothes gma and mama, I'm so excited!!" He yells jumping up and down after letting go of me. I chuckle and pick him up gently bouncing him on my hip trying to calm him down.
"Calm down Hun, i know your excited but you can't go running around yelling," i tell him gently helping to slowly calm down.
"Your energy boost done,Hun?" I ask softly, with him nodding putting his head on my shoulder looking tired after his energy boost. I hold his paci infront of him questioningly and he just opens his mouth asking for it silently. I gently put Harveys purple cat paci in his mouth.

30 minutes later

Once we finally get his three types of different clothes we leave to get everything else we need without his opinion, until we need his owl/familiar/and wand. Once we get to the wand shop in knockturn alley, i carefully wake Harvey up before we go in. Once he is up we go in with a half-awake little. On our way inside I'm softly saying things to help him wake up, which is helping. When we get inside i ask him quietly if he can be big for some time so we can get his wand wood and cute(s) picked and maybe a design on the end like a snake or something on the end. Once he was in his big headspace again we get up to the front of the shop, i try putting him down only for him to cling to me like a baby koala to it's mother.
"Your gonna have to let go soon so you can get the stuff for your wand..." I say in his ear quietly, he just whines softly and clings tighter. I chuckle and continue holding him until the want maker comes out.
"Hello Severus, what can I do for you?" He asks.
"He needs a wand made for Hogwarts," i say pointing my head towards my young son clinging to me. He nods and motions me and Minerva to follow him to the back to where all the stuff is.
"Your gonna have to put him down for this part," he says to me. I try putting him down again and he just clings to me.
"You'll be ok Hun, but you need to get your stuff for your wand, then i can hold you again, ok?" He hesitantly nods and let's me put him down so he can get his stuff.