chapter 12

Warning-might have some slight abuse both physical and verbal, i will put a warning before, so if you feel uncomfortable, feel free to skip

When I wake up I look around for Mama or Grandma Minnie but only see that I'm alone. I keep looking for some sort of human in the room other than me when I see no one, I slowly stand up in the crib and slowly start climbing over the rails of the crib and stand on the floor just as Mama and Grandma come in.

"Good morning Harvey, did you sleep well bubby?" Mama asks softly, I stand up and slowly walk over to them looking at the ground with tears in my eyes. I shrug my shoulders as he bends down to my height, he gently lifts my head to look at him as the tears start flowing down my face. Mama brings me to his chest.

"what's wrong bubby, why are you crying?" he asks me, while picking me up.

" I thought you left me and... and.." I manage to get out before the dam broke completely and I start full on sobbing in Mamas arms while clinging to him like a baby koala. I feel Mama start patting my back while bouncing me until my sobbing dies down.

" you're ok hunny, we won't leave you I promise" Mama says while still bouncing me in his arms.

20 minutes later (still Harvey's POV)

I finally calm down all the way, Mama and I finally head down for breakfast with Grandma Minnie. Mama feeds me pancakes with syrup and apple juice in my sippy cup as I'm not as little as normal. After breakfast Mama brings me out into the living room with Grandma behind him. Mama sets me on the living room with a few of the toys we bought me yesterday. I play for a while before I look up to see Sophie and Hedwig looking at me causing me to giggle suddenly going deep into my headspace which Hedwig seems to notice being the very smart owl she is. Hedwig then somehow tells Sophie what's going on and she understand. I look at them confused for a second giggling again and reaching for Hedwig being she is a fluffy bird.

@Be careful hatchling you wouldn't want to hurt me, would you? @ Hedwig speaks in my head to which I slowly lower my arms and shake my head sadly.

@Oh hun I didn't say you couldn't touch me I was just saying to be careful, @ she says while gently flying over to me to let me pet her as Sophie slowly slithers over to us also letting me pet her smooth scales while I also pet Hedwigs super soft feathers Mama looks over and sees us like this and smiles going back to his conversation with Grandma Minnie about whatever grownups talk about.

Minerva's POV

Severus and I were sitting on the couch Infront of where Harvey was playing while quietly talking about how we are going about the school year with Harvey being a first year this year. All of a sudden we hear a small but adorable giggle and look up to see Harvey looking at Sophie and Hedwig giggling softly seeming to be deep in his headspace now to which Hedwig seems to notice as she seemingly talks to Sophie. Harvey starts making grabby hands to Hedwig. All of a sudden he puts his arms down shaking head sadly before Hedwig flies over to him to let him pet her softly. Sophie starts slowly slithering to him and he gently pets her smooth scales. Harvey looks at us noticing us watching and we smile at him before turning back to our conversation.

"Either way I don't care what house he goes into, I just want him close to me so he is safe." Severus says softly looking at Harvey again watching him play his familiars.

"I know Sev, but the other professors won't let anything happen to him and neither will his mate/Cg," I say to him soothingly as I also hold his hand gently as a mother would her son when he is in distress. He looks at me with slight tears in his eyes.

"I don't want to lose him again mamma..." he says in the most heartbreaking voice I have ever heard come from him.

"i know Sev" I reply hugging him to me. A few minutes pass and he seems to be calmer again. We look over to see Harvey passed out carefully cuddled with Hedwig and Sophie as they are also asleep causing Sev and I to coo at them quietly.