Chapter 1: 2 Weeks

"Shit!" Katsuki spat, throwing the little pink stick with its two red lines at the wall. The stick slammed against the wall, bouncing off and along the tile of his bathroom to join all the others that read the same. There were at least a dozen of them. Three or four different brands. As many as he could find on short notice with the cash in his pocket. The clerk had raised an eyebrow at him, but kept his mouth shut as he scanned the boxes. "God fucking dammit! Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck."

He wanted to scream. He wanted to cry. He wanted to sleep for the next nine months and forget what he'd just found out. He wanted to rewind time and make it so he never pinned Izuku to that bed. No, he wanted to go far enough back that he never fell in love with that Deku to begin with. But he'd have to go all the way back to when they were six, and he didn't think there was any quirk that strong.

So, instead, he sat on his bathroom floor, knees curled to his chest and palm over his abdomen. What the fuck was he supposed to do?

A baby could ruin his career before it had even started. If anyone found out, he would be kicked out of the Hero Course at the very least and UA at the very worst. Even then, how was he supposed to care for a baby once it arrived? He was a fucking seventeen-year-old boy, not a twenty-nine-year-old omega with their shit at least somewhat together.

There were options, he knew that. Recovery Girl would surely help if he went to her, but there would be no option after that. His secret would be out and he'd be screwed.

He could make it through the pregnancy by himself without anyone finding out, he was pretty sure. Until he got too large, then he wasn't sure how he'd explain it. Once he gave birth though, there were adoption agencies or his parents possibly. Maybe Izuku's mother.

The Planned Parenthood wasn't that far from the school, all of the omegas had been given a list and map with them marked on the first day of classes. There would be tests they could run, vitamins they could give him, and if he chose...

He couldn't even think the word. If the baby had just been some wannabe extra's, someone he would never talk to again, he wouldn't have any qualms about terminating. The issue was that the baby wasn't some wannabe extra's. It was Izuku's. His alpha. His partner. His soon to be claimed mate. They were going to intern together after the school year was done when they graduated. They were going to live together.

His omega crooned pitifully at the thought of getting rid of their baby, whether through termination or giving them up to the state.

There was no way he could. The simplest reason being because he wanted their child. He wanted to raise them together with Izuku, and love them as much as he loved their father.

Fuck, he hated being an omega. He hated the instincts that drove him into Izuku's bed and arms. He should have been born an alpha.

But he hadn't been. He'd been born an omega. Now, he had to take responsibility for his actions.

That didn't mean he had to drag Izuku down with him.

So, he stood on shaky legs, gathered up the scattered pregnancy tests in a trash bag, and buried his secret in the bottom of a dumpster behind one of the other class dorms.

.....

First things first, he booked his ass down to the second closest Planned Parenthood that was three miles out of his way. He gave blood. Pissed in a cup. Waited impatiently for three hours while they ran the test to confirm what he already knew. Then, they sent him on his way with a month's worth of prenatal vitamins, a handful of pamphlets and a list of check-ups he should schedule from month to month as the pregnancy continued.

Walking back to the school as the sun fell, he stopped at a park bench. He couldn't go back to the dorms just yet, not knowing that he'd have to look into the other's faces with the face of a liar, with a secret growing inside him. Not know that he'd have to stare Izuku in the eye and lie. Children ran back and forth across a playground as the street lights flickered on, screaming and laughing as their parents watched from neighboring benches, curled into each other.

There, he cried. He cried for the baby inside him. He cried for the career he might lose before it's started. He cried for the pain he would surely cause Izuku through this secret.

And then, he just cried. Tears streaked silently down his cheeks as he stared at the colors exploding across the sky and felt the tightening in his abdomen, as if he could feel the life growing in him already.

He didn't want this, but he did at the same time.

"Excuse me? Are you okay, Mister?" a little kid shouted at him.

He dropped his head, and froze. "I'm just... pregnant, so..."

The little girl was small with wild blonde curls, freckles across her entire face and massive red eyes. When she smiled, it was the widest thing in the world. "Oh, well, congratulations. Here, you can have All Might," she chirped, setting a battered All Might plush on his lap before stepping back quickly, "You look like you need his help. And he's always there for people in need!"

Katsuki blinked down at the doll and then back up at the little girl, his tears slowly coming to a stop. "He's... retired, kid. Didn't your parents tell you?"

"I know!" she chirped again, "But he still does a lot of stuff! He's my favorite hero. And he saved a lot of people before that too. He helps me every day. I smile every single day even when I don't want to."

"Why wouldn't you want to?" he asked, squeezing the plush tightly so the cartoonish smile warped and stretched.

The little girl kicked at the sidewalk, staring down at her shoes. "I get picked on because I don't have a quirk and I'm an omega."

Swallowing, Katsuki slowly released his death grip and held the doll back out. "I know the real hero, so you should keep this with you. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't do something because you don't have a quirk or because your an omega. It's a crock of shit. Fight. Argue. But don't be a doormat for anyone. I'm an omega, and I'm going to be the number one hero. My mate used to be quirkless, but he never gave up. Now he's going to make his dream come true. So, whatever you want out of life, don't let anyone tell you that you can't achieve is."

Her eyes were wide as she took her doll back and watched his palms crackle with fireworks. She gawked up at him as he stood. "Really? You're going to be a hero even though you're an omega? Even though you're going to have a baby?"

"That's right." He jerked his head towards the playground. "Now go back to your parents before they start getting worried."

"What's your hero name going to be, Mister?" she asked as he stepped around her.

He paused. Turning back, he smiled even though he didn't want to. "Ground Zero."

Beaming, she turned and tore across the playground to her parents, a pair of women on a far bench.

Swallowing down the tears that threatened to spill again, he made his decision then and there. He could see what their child would become, whether they were a girl or a boy. An alpha, omega or beta. Just like that little girl with her wild curls and wide smile. No matter what he had to do, who he had to hide everything from, who he had to fight, he was going to have this baby and he was going to graduate. When he did that, he was going to climb to the Number 1 spot with Izuku at his side and their baby on his hip, and he would give them the best life anyone could ever have.