Chapter 4: 2 Months

Are you enjoying this story so far? Anyways on to the story...

"Kacchan, are you making katsudon again?"

Katsuki started, and stepped back from the stove quickly as hot oil splashed onto the counter. He hadn't heard Izuku coming up, and that more than anything made him spin with a snarl. "Fucking hell, Deku, I'm working with hot oil! What made you think this was a great time to sneak up on me!"

"I wasn't trying to surprise you," Izuku explained quickly, hands up between them as Katsuki crowded his space, "I was just wondering. You've been eating katsudon a lot recently."

"So what?" Katsuki turned back to the stove if only to ignore his omega screaming at him to get closer. To press flush and scent his mate. To wrap himself up in Izuku's warmth. His omega needed to mind his own damn business.

"You never really liked katsudon..." Izuku trailed off, eyes roaming over him in a hot slide. Katsuki repressed a shiver. "You've been eating weird lately."

"Fuck you. You don't know my diet." Katsuki started serving the food with perfunctory movements onto two plates, his cheeks warming under Izuku's scrutiny. He had been eating weird combinations of food recently, and it was equally true that he hadn't really been trying to hide it. The cravings were just too hard to ignore when he finally got back from school to everything he needed to satisfy them right in the pantry.

"You were eating cucumbers topped with ice cream yesterday."

"What's your point?"

"You don't like ice cream."

"That's the weird part to you?" Katsuki shoved one of the plates into Izuku's chest, turning to take the other to a table. He scooted in, and started shoveling food into his mouth. When he'd been researching, the internet hadn't told him just how hungry he would be. He was hungry all of the time now. Only his willpower kept him from completely overeating. Granted, that didn't stop him from salivating over Sato's pastries until the teen offered him half anytime he brought out a snack now.

After a moment, Izuku followed and cautiously took the seat across from him. He glanced furtively around at their classmates, but no one was paying attention. Even if they were, their relationship wasn't any of their business to ask about.

Without looking up, Katsuki nudged his leg between Izuku's calves, and had to hold back the sigh of utter contentment that threatened to slip out. He bit the inside of his cheek when Izuku affectionately began to rub his leg back.

Izuku stilled as he took the first bite, eyes jerking up to Katsuki. He set his fork down. "Okay, no, really, Kacchan, what's going on?"

Katsuki leveled him with a harsh glare. "What the fuck is your damage now? If you don't want to eat it, don't. Just give it to Shitty Hair or some shit. Fuck." He was tired. He was tired of things not going right. Izuku was supposed to be his constant, but he should have known better. The universe wasn't so kind.

When he started to pull his leg back, Izuku's hooked his ankle around his calf.

"I'm not saying I don't want to eat it. It's good, Kacchan, like everything you cook, but it's not how you usually cook."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"I can still feel my taste buds. It's very... mild. It's nothing how you usually cook." Izuku stared back at him with big green pleading eyes. "I'm worried about you."

Well, yeah, the food was mild. For the past couple weeks, any time Katsuki had eaten his normal level of spicy, he'd gotten raging heartburn. Even now, even with how mild he'd made his food, he could feel the acid beginning to rise. He'd had to cut back because he didn't want to be eating Anacids like he at the ginger candy he kept with him.