Chapter 10: 8 Months

Pain ripped through Katsuki's abdomen, exploding out through his entire body. With trembling hands, he gripped his stomach and gasped out, "I-Izuku- Alpha- Help!"

He was so hot, hotter than any heat had ever made him before, and he was terrified. He could feel his baby, distressed and flaying in his body. Their tiny little feet pressed out desperately against his skin. They were too big. Why was his baby so big? What was going on? He needed help. He needed to help his baby. Alpha! Alpha!

"Izuku!"

But he was alone in some side alley, his hero uniform ripped to shred and body trembling. He could hear the battle still raging outside the alley, but he couldn't see anyone. When had he gotten there? How had he gotten there? Where was the blood coming from?

The blood. There was so much blood. On his hands. Coating his legs. Growing in a pool beneath him.

Another wave of pain ripped through him, and a torrent of blood flooded from between his legs, gushing and warm.

"No," he croaked as he felt his baby's movements slow, "No! No! You can't have my baby!"

But whatever god may have heard him wasn't listening.

The blood continued to flow, growing faster while his baby's movements only grew slower.

"Alpha!" he called out desperately, flinging out his scent as far as he could. Still, no one came.

No, that wasn't right.

A shadow filled the opening to the alley, and it shambled forward, hands shoved deep into pockets. "Guess we were wrong to try for you after all." There was a sneer in their voice, harsh and reveling in his pain. "You can't even protect your unborn pup from your own body. What a useless hero."

Fear roared up in Katsuki louder and hotter than before. Desperately, he called out, "IZUKU!"

.....

Katsuki woke with a strangled gasp of Izuku's name on his lips, his scent overpowering in his room. He clutched at his drenched shirt over his abdomen, blinking into the darkness around him. His heart hammered in his chest. Gasping, he slapped around until he found his lamp and switched it on quickly. Soft amber light banished the darkness, but he still wasn't comforted. The now oft repeated nightmare hung over him like a layer of miasma.

A quiet, mewling, "Izuku," slipped out before he could stop himself. There was no one in his room to see him. That was the problem though, and he wrapped his arm around his stomach and curled his knees close to his chest. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I'm not. I swear. I'm not."

He jumped when someone knocked tentatively at his door, but he didn't move.

The knock came again. "Kacchan? Is everything alright? Your omega was calling out."

Bolting off the bed, he jerked his door open and pulled Izuku through. He wrapped him up close, pressing his face into his neck.

"Did you have a nightmare again, Kacchan? It was only a dream," Izuku whispered sleepily, voice soft and soothing as he ran a hand down his back, "You're safe. I'm here. Hey, don't cry."

And he was crying. Shoulders shuddering. Tears hot on his face.

"Ssh, ssh. It's over. Was it one of the usual?" Izuku effortlessly lifted Katsuki in his arms and took him to his nest. He settled them their, Katsuki cradled in his lap, arms strong and warm around him.

"No."

"A new one?"

"I- I couldn't- protect someone- who is important to me. I couldn't- stop it from happening," he whispered in spurts and stops, grip tightening in the back of Izuku's shirt, "I was so fucking useless. I couldn't even protect someone who is helpless."