Chapter 12: Birth

"Please, someone help!"

Katsuki was shot back into consciousness with a scream.

A frazzled nurse ran forward, eyes wide as she took them in. "Sir, what-"

Izuku didn't let her finish. "He got hit, but I don't know where! Please, help him! Please, he's pregnant-" A sob exploded from him as his whole body shook. "Please help my mate. Save our baby."

There was a flurry of activity around Katsuki that he could barely understand through his haze of pain. More shouting, a gurney beneath him as they ran through the halls. They passed in a blur of white walls. He kept a vice-like grip around Izuku's fingers and another around his stomach. The pain was starting to numb him, clear his brain as it did when there was too much.

Izuku talked rapidly to the personnel around them, explaining everything to the nurses as he was wheeled into a room. The door slammed shut.

'Save our baby. Save our baby. Save our baby. Please, save our baby.' The mantra continued on a reel in his head. He was barely mentally present, all his energy focused on breathing and willing their baby to be okay. He only came to when Izuku was ripped from him.

Izuku fought desperately to get back to his side as Katsuki reached for him again. "What are you doing? Bring him back!"

"Sir, please calm down. We need to get him stable before we can assess the fetus-"

"He's nine months pregnant!"

The nurse's face was red, and she tersely tried again, "Sir-"

"He needs me!"

The movement around Katsuki never slowed even as another nurse, taller and burlier than the first, stepped up to hold Izuku back. Katsuki was stripped of his suit. An IV was pressed into his arm, monitors pressed to his skin. The rapid rhythm of his heart filled the room, speaking to his panic. A hand was pressed to his chest, holding him still. Under Izuku's desperate snarls, he still heard the doctor speaking, and against his will, he began to calm.

"The baby has a strong heartbeat. No signs of distress, but he's in labor. We need to get him transferred to a birthing room before the alpha goes feral. He has broken ribs-"

"Don't worry about me!" Katsuki forced out a vicious snarl, making the activity halt. He'd never been a normal omega -far from it- and he was sure they'd never heard an omega sound like an alpha. Especially an omega in labor. "Our baby comes first!"

"Sir-"

"If someone tells us to calm down one more time, I will rip their fucking throat out! Help my baby!" he gasped.

The doctor, a beta smelling overwhelmingly of clean laundry, calmly observed him. "Your baby is going to be fine, Ground Zero, but if I don't heal you first, you're not going to be able to give birth, and unfortunately, C-section isn't an option for male omegas. This is a really dangerous time for you and your baby. They're fine right now, but if I don't heal you, they won't be. Do you want to endanger your baby?"

"Are you fucking-"

"Do you?"

Katsuki found the breath to scream, "No!" pushed along by another rolling contraction.

"Then let me work, and we'll get you into a birthing room as soon as possible." She looked up at Izuku, voice stern as she directed him. "Alpha, get over here. He needs skin-to-skin contact. Keep him calm while I work. He's going to need you to keep him conscious if the injuries are as bad as I think. He's got a punctured lung, at the very least, and if there's also internal bleeding, this is going to take a lot out of him. Undress to your comfort level, and get on the bed with him."