Chapter 30

"Hello Mr. Valkyrie. My son is here to play with Nora." Ren's mother greeted Aron.

"Ren is here already?!" A cheery voice came from the other room.

"I'll come pick you up in a few hours, be good and have fun with your friend, all right?" She told the little boy and he nodded in response.

His mother gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaving the household to let him play with his best friend. After closing the door, Aron and him begin walking to the kitchen.

"Nora's a little busy trying to make brownies with me, why don't you help us out?" Aron offered.

"I would love to." Ren gave out a small smile.

"Excellent. Nora, sweetie. How's the mixing going..." His voice trailed off as he saw what was behold.

Ren looked at his face in confusion before glancing at what he was looking and almost immediately changed to the same expression.

Nora was standing in a tall stool, her hand holding a spoon. The table and area surrounding her were all splattered with melted chocolate and flour. Even her face has some bit of chocolate too. She gave out a quick, sheepish laugh.

"My hand slipped.." She reasoned.

"... Looks like we're going to start all over." Aron sigh.

"Nora, be careful!–" Ren immediately noticed she's about to fall from her stool.

The baking resumed and this time it was a little less messy thanks to Aron's guidance and Ren's assistance. Nora would always be the one to mess it up and it is a good thing they're there. Aron placed the tray in the oven and let the brownies bake. While waiting, he gave Nora and Ren a bag of marshmallow to eat and told them to play in the living room in the meantime.

They watched a kids show about a girl going on a fun adventure attending at a prestigious academy, fighting bad guys and monsters. Both of them had grew engrossed to the show and almost didn't notice they already ate all the marshmallows.

After the episode ended, Nora decided to turn off the TV and play with Ren.

"Wanna build a blanket fort?" Nora enthusiastically asked.

"Um, okay." Ren agreed.

"Cool! Let's get the pillows and blankets in my room." Nora grabs his wrist and practically dragged him to her room.

Both of them grabbed as many pillows and blankets as they can and went back and forth until they had enough. Then, Nora began climbing on some small cabinets and the couch to hang every end of the blankets to create a roof.

Ren helped with stacking the pillows to build them as walls. One moment Nora fell down and landed on the stacked pillows, ruining it. He was definitely unhappy but since it's Nora, he's fine with it and just stacked them again.

"The roof is done!" Nora announced.

"Huh? What roof are you talking about, Nora– why did you built a fort." Aron heard her voice and came to the room to check on them only to see that.

"We're bored, and we wanna build a fort!" Nora exclaimed.

"I'll help with the cleaning later, Mr. Valkyrie." Ren stated, holding one pillow.

"Just don't make a mess, all right? The brownies are almost done and just needed to be cooled off." Aron pinches the bridge of his nose and went back into the kitchen to watch over the brownies.

"Ren, Ren! Come here!" Nora called for him from inside the fort.

He crawled his way inside the cushioned area and made his way in front of her, Nora can be seen arranging some stuffed animals with a large smile.

"Let's play house, we're the parents and these are our kids!" Nora holds out one stuffed toy.

"Okay. But you are clumsy though." Ren remarked.

"I am a good mom! Right?" She spoke to her stuffed toy as if it was alive.

"That's why I will look after you too." He said.

"I can take care of myself, hmph." She pouted at him.

"The children are hungry. I brought food." Ren brings out a few marshmallows he kept in his pocket for some reason.

"Ohhh, looks delicious. Dig in, everyone!" Nora said.

They both had a fun time playing inside their fort, Aron was just done slicing the brownies after they had cooled down and overheard them playing. He was overjoyed that he wanted to let his wife know.

"Nora and her friend are playing house. They both are so cute together."

A moment passed, his wife replied.

"You seriously texted me all of a sudden to tell me that? Aren't you a proud dad."

"What? I can't help it, if anyone is gonna have my daughter in the future, I'd let Ren take the spot automatically."

"He and Nora sure get along pretty well, and he's a good kid too." She replied.

"We made some brownies, your favorite. Come back home soon so we can have a little date as well. ;)"

"You and your silly words."

"Kids, the brownies are ready! Why don't you have a little break for now?" Aron called out for them.

"Coming!" Both the two children said before crawling out of their playing area.

Nixium: Just started playing genshin a week ago, I still have a long way to go. Gimme dat Diluc plsss. ;-;