Chapter 9

A year later since the day I adopted four girls. I've grown used to taking care of them myself although I have to leave for my job. But I often bring them along with me so I can still keep an eye on them.

Over the past months, I've been trying to look for any babysitter to look after them but sadly the ones that I've found ended up quitting the job because they weren't able to accomplish the job.

Even they're having a hard time taking care of four energetic girls. I was currently sitting down on my chair, my elbows resting on my desk while my face is planted on my palms.

"Daddy, daddy. Look! I draw this." Weiss began tugging on my sleeve.

"Hm?" I turn to her.

She proceeded to show me her drawing of me, her and the other girls smiling happily. All of us were holding hands, the drawing itself made me smile. I rub her head and she giggled.

"That sure is a lovely drawing, Weiss. I'll put it on our fridge when we get back home." I said to her.

"Okay! I will draw more!" She beamed before going back to the sofa to her art materials.

I went back to dealing wit my paperworks, I'm only glad that I don't have much work to do right now and I'm able to watch over the girls while doing so.

I really need to find the perfect babysitter for them.

Just as I was going to grab my phone in search for a babysitter, the door opens and the person reveals themself as the assistant manager. She's been in that position for two years now, her name is Sylvia. Over the months of the girls' time staying here for a bit, they grew quit fond of her, to the point that they wanted to play with her.

Of course, I didn't deny their request and let Sylvia keep them company while I do some of her work.

"Good afternoon, Sylvia." I smiled.

"Good afternoon to you too, sir." She bowed.

"So how's the project going?" I asked, opening my phone.

"We are still in the middle of discussing about it. Some of them are kind of having a bit of a disagreement, but we'll make sure to manage is sooner." She replied, smiling nervously.

"This has been happening for quite some time nowadays, maybe I should let them know that controversy isn't necessary in my company." I sighed while scrolling through my phone and writing on some paperwork afterwards.

"Papa, I'm bored! Let's play." Yang called as she goes to my side.

"Not now, Yang. Your dad is currently busy at the moment, how about you go play with Silvia? She wouldn't mind that." I replied to her without looking.

"Me? But sir, I still need to go and help the manager with some tasks." She retorted.

"I'll let him know that my daughters need you right now. Plus, I'll deal with that. We've done this before multiple times already, so it's completely fine." I said, smiling a little.

"You're not wrong... guess I'm still not accustomed to that." Sylvia sighed.

"You'll get used to it sooner, now Yang. Go on and play with Sylvia while I work." I said.

"Okay! Sylvia, let's go!" Yang goes to her and grabbed her by the hand and dragged her towards the sofa where the rest are.

"Play! Play!" Ruby yelled out.

"All right! I'll keep you little cuties company again." Sylvia giggled.

I continue on doing my work while deep in thought, my job right now it to finish some of Sylvia's work and get my daughters a new babysitter that will last for a while.

Where to find them? Why isn't there any person who's reliable enough to have them take care of the girls? This will be harder than I thought.

"I'll deal with that later." I mumbled and sighed.

I was about to continue on doing the paperwork when I happen to look at the others. Observing them as they smile and laugh made me feel happy, my eyes laid upon Sylvia. For a moment there, I began to think of something until it suddenly hit my mind.

Immediately standing up, causing a bit of a noise, I walk towards them with my eyes still glued on Sylvia. She noticed me coming closer to them so she looks back at me with a confused face.

"Uhm, sir? Do you nee-"

"Please be their babysitter from now on!" I quickly grab her hands and looked at her directly.

"W-what?" She immediately got flustered.

"Sylvia is gonna be our babysitter?" Blake asked.

"If she does accept the job then yes. So please be their babysitter, you're the only one I can rely on this right now." I begged.

"Then when Sylvia becomes our babysitter.. then we get to play with her more!!" Yang exclaimed.

"Wait, wait! If I become their babysitter, I would have less time doing my job as an assistant  manager." Sylvia seemed worried.

"You don't have to worry about that, I'll simply go look and hire a someone who can take your place. Sylvia, I really need you to switch to this job. I promise I'll give you a higher pay." I assure her.

"Yeah! We want Sylvia to take care of us while daddy is working." Weiss chimed in.

"Aahh, I can't resist this cuteness. Fine, I'll accept!" She admitted defeat.

"Yay!" Yang cheered.

"Thank you..." I sighed in relief.

"Seriously, you sometimes rely on me more than the manager." Sylvia smiled.