Chapter 12

"You'll be in charge of the house again, Sylvia. Make sure to take care of the girls while I'm out." Y/N smiles at her.

"Yes, sir." She bows and smiles.

"All right, I'll be heading my way now. See you." He smiles at her.

"Take care." Sylvia smiles back.

He then later opens the door and steps out, Sylvia waves at him and closes the door before going to the living room to see the four girls.

She watches both Yang and Blake playing with the stuffed animals while Weiss was asleep on the couch. And as for Ruby, she's busy biting her hand.

Sylvia walks towards Ruby and picks her up then headed upstairs to change her diaper. Entering the girls' bedroom, she gently placed the toddler on the bed and grabs a new diaper along with a pack of wet wipes.

"Hold still..." She mumbles as she removes the diaper Ruby was wearing.

But because of how Ruby is moving every now and then, Silvia's easy task has become a little difficult.

"Hehe..." Ruby giggles as she smiles at her.

"Ruby, please don't move too much.." She sighs.

As Sylvia is busy changing her diaper, downstairs, Yang and Blake started to have a small quarrel.

"Yang, I wanna hug the giraffe. Gimme!" Blake demanded.

"You can't have it, this is mine." Yang replied.

"Gimme!" Blake tries to reach for the toy.

"No! Go away!" Yang shouted.

"That giraffe is mine!" The cat faunus retorted.

As the two kept on struggling with each other, Yang suddenly gathers her strength and pushed Blake away from her forcefully. Blake landed on her butt on the carpeted floor, about a second later she started to bawl.

Sylvia, who was alerted by the loud cry, immediately rushed outside the room leaving Ruby behind and walked down the stairs to the living room. There she saw Blake on the carpet crying and Yang sitting across from her hugging the stuffed giraffe with a mad expression.

The woman walks to them and kneels down to get to their level, she wipes away Blake's tears and tries to calm her down.

"Tell me what's wrong?" Sylvia asked her in a soothing voice.

"Y.. Yang.. she doesn't wanna give me.. my giraffe.." Blake responded between sobs.

She looks over to Yang and see her looking at the two of them. Sighing, Sylvia goes to her and opens her hand towards her, gesturing for her to give the giraffe.

"Yang, give the giraffe to me." Sylvia told her.

"N-no... This is mine." Yang stuttered.

"If you don't give it, I won't be letting you play with any of your toys later." She warned.

Yang hesitated for a moment but she soon handed the stuffed animal to her with her eyes slowly watery. Sylvia gave the toy to Blake to make her stop crying and sighed afterwards once again.

"Now, go and say sorry to your sister." She told Yang.

The little blonde slowly goes in front of Blake while looking away from her due to being shy. Yang rubs her left arm with her right hand.

"I'm sorry for not giving you your stuffed giraffe.." Yang apologizes.

Blake didn't responded instead she hugs Sylvia's arm. Patting both of their heads, the woman stands up and smiles.

"Make sure that the two of you should always get along and share what you have. Got it?" She asked them.

Blake and Yang responded with a nod. Sylvia smiles and walks away upstairs to go back to taking care of Ruby. The moment she set foot on the upper floor, she saw the toddler on the floor just outside the room on all fours. Ruby saw her and immediately beams.

"Mama!" She shouted.

"Oh my.... you didn't hurt yourself while getting off the bed, did you?" Sylvia said as she goes to her and picks her up.

"Dada." Ruby stated.

"Your father isn't home yet, he just headed to work minutes ago. How about we wait for a few more hours?" Sylvia smiles at her.

Ruby responds with a giggle and moving for a bit. Sylvia brought her downstairs and back into the living room. She noticed Weiss was still asleep as she place Ruby down on the couch.

"Now you four stay here while I go and clean up your room." She said as she goes up the stairs once again.

The living room surprisingly has become peaceful, Ruby wasn't making any loud noise, Weiss is still asleep and both Blake and Yang were playing with their toys. Separately.

Yang has turned oddly quiet after what happened just now, her eyes were still filled with shame. As for Blake, she was busy grooming her stuffed animals. Finally after a few more minutes, Weiss had woken up. Rubbing her eyes, she looks around before stopping at Blake.

She goes to her and asked her if she can play with her to which she agrees. Now the both of them are playing together with Blake's toys. Later, Weiss notice Yang and decided to approach her.

"Yang! Let's play together." Weiss smiles.

"No, you and Blake can go play without me." Yang said as she turns away.

"You'll get lonely if you don't play with us!" Weiss pulls her towards them.

"I don't care!!" The blonde yelled.

"Blake, help me!!" Weiss called for her.

"Uhm.. Do you wanna play with us?" Blake shyly asked her.

Yang immediately looks at her dumbfounded by her words. Soon, her eyes started to water again until it became a river of tears. She goes and tackles Blake to a hug which surprises the cat faunus.

"Blakey!! I'm sorry I stole your giraffe!" Yang cried.

"It's okay..." Blake was utterly flustered.

"No fair, I want a hug too!" Weiss pouted.