Chapter 4

After the whole adoption event had happened, it was time for the six of us to go out and eat. I still finished some few papers and caught up with the others outside the city hall. We got inside the car and told my driver to drive us to the nearest mall.

Yang and Weiss started to bug me by wanting to eat some ice cream, to which I didn't answer right away since I was busy calling someone through my phone. But after I finished the call, I told them yes and finally they stopped bugging me. It's only been a few minutes since I adopted them, but man this is already annoying.

"Isn't it nice to be a father?" Emma smiled at me.

"Yes and no." I answered in a blunt way.

"Don't be like that! You might make Ruby cry." She said.

"She didn't hear what I said so that's fine. Ain't that right Ruby?" I looked at Ruby and slightly raised her up.

"R.. Ru.. Ruby!" She happily shouted her name.

"You manage to say your name! That's great!" I praised her.

Ruby began giggling at me, I gently hug her and she rests her arms on my chest. Emma chuckled at this and started to play with Blake while Yang and Weiss were still expressing their joy for getting to eat ice cream. I only looked in front of us as we get near the mall, once the car stopped, I got out and waited for the rest to get out as well.

"We're here, now to buy your ice creams first." I said to the girls.

"Ice cream!" Both Yang and Weiss yelled.

"Daddy, I want to eat fish." Blake told me.

"Fish..?" I repeated.

"Fish!" She said again, with her eyes sparkling.

"U-uh, sure. We'll get some fish for you." I sweat for a little.

"Thanks daddy!" She smiled at me.

"Heh... you're welcome." I rubbed her head for a bit.

We head inside the mall and went to the ice cream store to buy Yang and Weiss some, after that, we went for a shopping spree for the girls' necessities. I ended up holding all the shopping bags with Emma helping Ruby walk on her little feet.

Blake has started to whine because she hasn't eaten any fish yet so we went to a restaurant and ate lunch there. Blake has now recieved her desired fish, both Weiss and Yang had gotten their ice creams and all of their stuff. I looked at Emma and saw her feeding Ruby with the food.

I smiled as I observe her eat, she was even happy that she's being fed. Emma giggled and started to feed her again, this time in a more childish way.

"Papa where are we going now?" Yang questioned me.

"We'll find it out later, for now we'll rest for a bit since we just finished eating." I answered smiling at her.

"Papa has a cute smile." Yang said, grinning at me.

"You have an adorable grin, Yang. Hey Emma, for how many days will you be staying in my home?" I then looked at my sister.

"Hmm... I'd say about nine to twelve days. Since my boss is on vacation, I guess we're allowed to have one as well. Isn't it great?" Emma said.

"That means I can have twelve days of you taking care of the girls, which is great." I said, sighing.

"Are you sick?" I heard Weiss say.

"Huh? Oh no, I'm not sick, not at all. Just exhausted." I replied.

"Exhausted?" She slightly tilted her head sideways.

"Exhausted, meaning tired. I've been at work for almost everyday nonstop so that will cause me to feel tired." I explained.

"Can I help you feel not tired?" She eagerly asked.

"Well... I don't think you...." I stopped mid sentence.

I looked at Weiss' eyes and saw that she was really eager to help me feel better. I bite my lower inner lip and couldn't think any words to use to escape her. A second later, I give up.

"Augh... you can.. help me by patting my head?" I said, questioning what I had just said.

"Okay. Daddy, upsies." She raised her arms.

I picked her up and placed her on my lap, facing me. Her small hand reached for my head as I lower it, once she touched my head, she started to rub her hand sideways. Glancing at her, she was utterly focused on rubbing my head. Once I've had enough, I raised my head back and gave Weiss a smile.

"Is daddy feeling good now?" She asked.

"Yep, I'm feeling better now. Thank you, Weiss." I then gave her a head pat as well.

She giggled at me and I chuckle. I noticed that all of us are now done eating so we got up from our seats and head out of the restaurant to go to our next destination. Emma decided to go and buy her own stuff as well, since I'm busy carrying all these shopping bags, she had the three girls to look after Ruby. Right now, we were waiting by the fountain.

I was sitting down, gazing at the four as they play together. Seeing this sight makes me smile, Ruby was then wobbling her way towards me. As she does that, the other three were cheering for her.

As she was about to fall from her steps, I was just right in time to catch her and lift her up.

"You're doing better and better now, Ruby! Keep it up!"

"Dada!" She yelled as she began clapping in joy.

"Hey, I'm back! And oh.. it seems I missed something important eh?" Emma returned with a few shopping bags in her hands.

"Well I guess you did." I chuckled.