Chapter 38

"How did you get here?" Naguguluhan ko na tanong ko kay Nike since alam ko kasi na hindi sya makaalis sa bahay dahil sa mga fans at paparazzi.

Nike holds my hand. "You know Eris always have her ways." Si Eris talaga ang saviour namin. "She told me about Tita Aby."

My face fell again. "She..." I feel a lump in my throat. "She has stage 4 liver cancer, Nike."

Humigpit ang pagkakahawak nya sakin. "I'm really sorry to hear that Mars."

"At ayaw nya nang magpachemotherpy dahil..." Then i cry. "Ayaw nya na daw akong mahirapan pa. Dahil kung ako ang papipiliin, i still want her——us to try any treatment that will keep her alive. But, she already made up her mind."

Nike is just listening to me.

"Paano ako kapag nawala sya? What would i do?" I totally asked her.

Her eyelashes waves like the wings of butterfly. "I honestly don't know what to say to make you feel better Mars. Because i also know the feeling, the fear of losing Someone we dearly love. But i only know that I'm here for you." She caresses my cheek gently, wiping those tears. "Hindi kita iiwanan gaya nang pag-iwan ko sayo sa party."

"I'm sorry about that, I didn't.."

She kisses me suddenly, a peck on the lips. "Sshh, I already know the truth."

"Thanks Eris told you."

Umiling si Nike. "Not my sister. It's Iris."

Kumunot ang noo ko. "Iris?" I'm not even sure if i heard her right.

Nakangiting tumango si Nike. "Ako dapat ang magsorry sayo dahil basta nalang ako umalis. I should have let you speak but you know, praning be like."

Natawa ako kahit umiiyak. "Yes, you are! Always."

Nanliit ang mga mata ni Nike. "How dare you to just agree with me?"

I squeezes her hand and brought it to my lips  "I'm just happy you are here with me right now, it means so much to me."

"We are here!" Biglang dumating si Eris at Father nila with food and flowers.

Napatayo kami ni Nike. My heart swell by their presence. "Eris and Tito."

Eris run and hugs me. "Kamusta ate?"

"Good." Lumunok ako. I just swallowed the sob. "Thank you for coming."

Then Tito hug me too. He's is a little tight but i feel his concern. "Pasensya na Mars kung ngayon lang kami nakapunta."

Natawa ako. "No Tito."

"How is Aby?" Tanong ni Tito.

My jaw hurts for clenching my teeth. "She's better Tito but.." It hurts every time i say her condition. "She has stage 4 liver cancer and doesn't want any treatment."

Pero imbis na sumagot ay niyakap nya ulit ako . "Nandito lang kami for you Mars, we are family here."

Honestly, it feels nice to be comforted with people i love. At least, I don't feel alone anymore. I have family in another family.

Pumasok kami sa loob ng kwarto ni Mom, surprisingly gising pala si Mom. She looks shock nang makita si Nike at family nito.

Nike and Mom hug each other a bit longer. His father talked with her too and Eris is cocky as ever. She made Mom laughs wholeheartedly and it makes my heart happy.

Tumabi si Nike sakin sa sofa. "Hey." Just by looking at her beautiful face makes me feel better and better. How I missed her. "What are your plans?"