Chapter- 5 NUTELLA MILKSHAKE

CHAYA POV
I am dead tired! I threw my handbag somewhere in the living room and plopped on the couch. On the first day itself, I am feeling like this is what will happen in the upcoming days, I think I will get used to it….

Ouch amma! She threw a pillow right at my face. What a way to welcome your daughter, I said sarcastically. Young lady, go and freshen up and come downstairs. How many times do I have to tell you? She asked me with a glare. Did I tell you my amma is a neatness freak?

Please let me sleep for some time, I whined at her keeping my head in her lap. You can sleep, not on the couch when you have your bed, now go, take a relaxing bath and come down. I am making your favourite dinner and now have your milkshake. I sat up straight after hearing the milkshake.

Gimmeeeeee….. not now baby go and take bath because you stink a lot, she said closing her nose. Appppppa…. I whined he came patted my head.
She is making fun of me, so I complained to him. Sunshine stop it, see my baby girl is whining, he said and love birds started to laugh. Appa always calls his wife sunshine cute right?

Soon my anna and Anni also joined us. Karthick saw they were laughing at me but pushed me and made him comfortable on the sofa, pulling Anni along with him. I was standing there like “ vaazhkai naadagamaa en porappu pou kanakaa” with a pout.
He said you stink with a smirk. Anni hit him on the shoulder. I smelled bad, not bad. Ewww gross they said in unison. I am going to take a bath and am not going to talk to you guys, angrily I sprinted to my room. How could they make fun of me? I forgot about milkshakes, and I am not angry anymore.

I quickly showered and put on my nightwear and headed towards the kitchen. I opened the fridge to get my milkshake but I couldn’t find it. I checked the kitchen but couldn’t find it. I could smell it.

With a sigh, I went to sit where all the ram’s are present. My amma and Anni were having their tea and Karthick and apps were having coffee. I held my chin with both hands and sat there with a pout not able to find my milkshake.

My Nutella milkshake, I whispered slowly. Someone said that I will not talk to you guys, hey love could you see that girl? He asked, looking at me. Appa…. See what this idiot is doing to me, he doesn't love me anymore, I want a new brother, I said to appa
I was about to stand, and my lovely Anni gave me my Nutella milkshake. I said, I don’t want it and turned my face to the other side. Love gives me that, I want to taste it. that’s it eruma maadu, ennoda milkshake, I shouted and started to hit him. (you buffalo, that is my milkshake).

Amma pulled me away from him, stop it, kids. Still, you both fight like five-year-olds. For that we both said in unison I did not do anything, he/ she is the one who started. We both looked at each other.

No, she…. enough kids. Appa said in a slightly raised voice. We both sat like a good kid. I am sorry, we said to each other, it is a practice after fighting we both will feel sorry for each other and we can't be angry at each other for long.

Here is your milkshake, he stretched his right hand to me. I snatched my cup and started to relish the taste. Hmmm…. Amma what a taste! Perfect ratio of Nutella and vanilla cream.
we are watching tv, we mean papa and Karthick, they are watching cricket, Anni is doing her college work, amma is reading her novel. I called them twice but no response.
I switched off the tv. Karthick was giving me a death glare, ok I want to share my first-day experience.

They all nodded their heads, I pushed Karthick a little bit and made myself comfortable between them. I started telling how I met Radha, about the staff and my class experience.
Appa, you know Radha has no one to look after her and now she is staying in a hostel. Not all have their life like a bed of roses, she said stroking my hair. I nodded my head.

She is just like Anni, she made me feel comfortable and so friendly. I even shared my lunch with her. Now we both are sisters. I said and looked at their faces.

Chaya takes things slowly, don’t push her. Amma I didn’t push her, it’s just, it came naturally, I said to her. You don’t ask her to come here, we can have lunch together. I will ask her, you guys will love it and she is so pretty.

It is a perfect day except for the jeep incident, I said and fell backwards on the couch. Let’s have dinner. I am starving.

What do you mean by the jeep incident? Asked anni with a confused look. Oh, it was an accident, not an incident, what accident are you hurt somewhere shouted by my overprotective brother.

Chill, It was nothing. I told the morning incident. My family silently listened to it. Karthick said whatever it is don’t talk to him if you saw him anywhere and you one more if I came to know your little stunt then you are not going to drive on your own either I or appa will pick and drop you.

Understand he shouted the last part.
Stop behaving like a typical brother, he was not like others. He even helped me with scooty. He has to help others said, my brother. Whatever I said. 

keep on fighting till our neighbours come and ask about the noises that you kids are creating. Amma says with a look saying you both will never change.

I took a deep breath and I will not talk to him, I said. Karthick engulfed me in a hug, I am sorry I shouldn’t have shouted at you.

We had dinner and dispersed to our rooms. Without thinking anything, I dozed off.

Do vote and comment if you like this chapter.