chapter -6 HAZEL GREEN EYES

ARHAAN POV

I am now chasing a thief, he is a challenging one. He used to rob in small places without involving himself but now he is robbed in a big jewellery shop. I got information that this bird was flying around the city carelessly, which made it easy for us to catch him. Now he is making me lose my cool. He is running as if he is going to bring a gold medal to our country.

The street is buzzing with people and vehicles, I swear that I am going to break his bones. I was running like a raging bull and I crashed into something.

I ran into a girl, not some girl, the same girl whom I met yesterday morning... I hit her handlebar, she lost her control and we both were lying on the road with her on top of me.

Fuck, she is holding my shoulder in her little fist, her face in the crook of my neck and hair is all over my face. She is shaking badly, so I rubbed her back to calm her down. She raised her face and looked at me with a scared expression, she must be scared because of the fall.

Nathan helped her to get up, and shouted to the crowd to move. All this time they were watching us as if it was their favourite tv show. She looked like a mess. Her saree was crumbled and her hair was like a bird’s nest.

She looked like she could cry at any minute. Constables helped her to lift the scooty, all this while she didn’t say anything. I was looking at her only.
She adjusted her hair and saree, thanked Nathan and went away without uttering a word to me. I helped myself because all these idiots were helping her, not their ACP. I felt a pain in my abdomen and found bleeding maybe because of the handlebar.

she started to walk with her scooty, suddenly she turned to look at me. Her eyes moved to my face, hands and when she looked at my t-shirt, her eyes widened. She parked her scooty in a corner, she walked fast to me.

You are bleeding, she uttered looking at my t-shirt, but she stumbled a little, held her head in her left hand and shut her eyes for a second. I think, am going to… faint. Before she could fall back, I held her by the waist.

I took her in my arms and shouted at Nathan to drive us to a nearby hospital. I kept her head in my chest, snaked my arm around her. This is all because of me, if I didn’t run into her way, she wouldn’t be in this situation.

CHAYA POV

I felt myself pressed against something hard, holding me safely in a place. I tried to move my head, it was like something was holding my head.

I said leave my head, still, my face pressed against it and it sounds like murmuring, but oddly it gave comfort and warmth. The hold on my head loosened, I moved back my head.
Shocked and embarrassed. That’s what I am feeling right now. Shocked because the person holding me was ARHAAN and embarrassing because I am sitting on his lap.

I tried to get down from his lap. But he didn’t leave, he held me way tighter than before. What? Leave me. I told him.

Are you ok? You fainted. He asked me with a worried expression. I am fine, just… maybe fainted because of the stress and I didn’t have my breakfast. I am hungry now. I answered him with a pout.
Wait, why were you running like a mad man? And If you want to jog they why don’t you do that in the park?

What? Does it look like jogging to you? I was chasing a criminal and like yesterday you came in between.
I pointed my index finger at him and said you are the one who came out of nowhere.

We reached the hospital, I turned my head to him and asked why Mr inspector we are here. Because you fainted, he said with a concussion.
Now that I am talking to you like a normal person, I think there is no need to go. But take arhaan with you. I have to go to school.
Where is my scooty? When- your handbag, scooty everything is safe. Ohh ok.

What time is it? I asked arhaan.
Quarter to 10. He replied like nothing. What are you saying? I am late, and that bald is going to punish me. I leaned back but that’s a big mistake. I forget that all this while I was sitting in his lap, if not for his strong arms hold on my hip, would have ended in the most embarrassing moment of my life.

Now he has one hand on my back and the other hand holding my head to save my head from getting hit from the driver's seat. All the blood rushed to my cheeks, I lowered my head. It was the first, I am this close man other than my dad and brother.

He pulled me towards him, still holding my head and hip. I blushed. He came close and whispered, I don’t mind you sitting on my lap but my injured stomach is kind of hurting.
I quickly moved and sat near him. Asked the inspector to give a medical kit. I am Nathan, here take this he forwarded the kit. Nice name, I told and turned to look at Arhaan who looked irritated?

Ummm… I cleared my throat and asked him to lift his t-shirt. What shouted the inspector Nathan.
What? I am trying to help him. You need an invitation huh, lift it. I kept the kit in my lap, after two good minutes he lifted his shirt and his abs were fully visible to my poor eyes.
Holy cheese! I don’t want to faint again. His abs are just perfect. He lowered his shirt, what?.. Why did you ask? I was going to ask but closed my mouth. Are you ogling me? I was so busy ogling his abs that I forgot to treat his wound.

No…No why would I?... I was just inspecting the wound whether it is deep or not. It is not deep and your skin has opened. I covered but what I said was true.

He hummed in response. I treated his wound carefully. I lowered his t-shirt and leaned back with a sigh. You should be more careful, Arhaan. I said and turned to him only to look at his blank face. How is it even possible?

It is just a scratch for me in my profession. He replied in his usual arrogant tone.
Then don’t get scratches. I looked into his hazel green eyes and said. He chuckled and said I’ll try.
I opened my door and bid bye to him and started at my school.

ARHAAN POV

She is unpredictable, it is fascinating to me how this little human is full of bright energy. When I keep her near me, something in me wants to keep her safe and protect from this whole world.

I have only known her for two days but it seems like it is already impossible not to think about her. When I first saw her and slowly lifted her head, she looked like a little girl who tried to hide her chocolate from others and got caught.

I didn’t look at her attire properly as I was busy noticing her facial expressions that’s why I called her kid, when she said that she is a teacher, I was like she looks like a student then how can she be and what it looks like when she takes classes, I wish to see her taking classes.

She looked like a goddess in a saree, which suits her perfectly. When she asked me to help through her eyes, my legs automatically moved to help her.

I kept looking at her till she got out of my sight. In the station, when Nathan called her cute and wanted her number, I felt like punching him till he called her sister. She is making me feel all the emotions in a short period. I completely felt peace when she was with me, which I never felt with other girls.

Butter bomb we always met most unexpectedly, I thought and shook my head. I have to catch a thief, here I am thinking about you…

Do vote and comment if you like this chapter