001 , eyes laced with hatred

━━ 001

━━ 001. devil's daughter
❛ eyes laced with hatred. . . ❜
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖲𝖢𝖱𝖤𝖠𝖬𝖲 surrounding her echoed in her head as they did through the walls, the high pitched sounds gnawing at her brain like an unscratchable itch. The once pale, white walls that trapped her inside the small boxed room, were now covered in markings; tally marks — that had eventually ended, as she lost count of the never ending days — scratch marks, from when she had rubbed her fingers raw trying to find an escape, and marker, from when she had gotten so bored, and the paper had run out. Her bed was the only thing inside the room that had remained the same as it was 176 days prior. The sheet covered mattress rested in the far corner, the metal frame having been removed after she disassembled it and tried harming herself with it. So some of it had changed. . . but the same mattress and unwashed sheets remained.

And while the girl sitting in the middle of the room, humming a tune, had lost her mind weeks ago, the screams that sounded in her mind were the only thing she had left to hold onto. Because the screams told her she wasn't alone. And she never wanted to be alone ever again.

The door suddenly clicked, snapping the girl from her dazed trance. The face that followed was one she didn't particularly like. Not that she liked any of the faces that were responsible for keeping her locked up, but this one, she liked the least of all.

"Alright, let's go, freak," he ordered, holding the door open with his body. The teenage girl glanced up, her usual blank eyes staring at him with a titled head. "Come on, I don't have all day." He added as she failed to move.

The girl finally stood up in one swift motion before brushing past the man's body and taking the usual amount of steps until she reached the outside.

The other patients wandered around, some mumbling nonsense to themselves, others just standing in silence.

And then there was him.

The boy with soft brunette hair strutted across the pavement, a large body lingering behind him like a lost puppy. He glanced around with unfamiliarity, having been new to the residence. Despite his unknowing of the place and its strict rules, he walked with purpose, heading right to the pay phone that had previously been occupied by the place's own banshee.

The girl watched him, her once blank expression morphing into one of fury. It was him. The boy who had abandoned her without so little as a reason. The one who wasn't even aware of her presence occupying a room in the house of 'madness.'

The brunette slammed the phone back down and looked to the boy who had been following him since he arrived. Once receiving his answer of why the phone hadn't worked, he groaned and walked off, only to meet the eyes of a familiar face.