002 , devil in disguise

━━ 002

━━ 002. devil's daughter
❛ devil in disguise. . . ❜
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝖣𝖤𝖲𝖯𝖨𝖳𝖤 𝖶𝖧𝖠𝖳 𝖮𝖳𝖧𝖤𝖱𝖲 might say amongst each other when they thought she wasn't listening, Eris Walker was not crazy. Sure, she might be locked in a mental institution, and has been for nearly half a year, but it wasn't because she wanted to be. If she could, Eris would be out, enjoying her high school experience—or at least as best she could. But no, instead, the girl with hair resembling the fire in her heart, was sitting in a room, nothing to occupy herself but the thoughts in her head.

After her little incident involving her old friend, and newly formed enemy, Stiles Stilinski, Eris was thrown into a new room; one with no window for her to stare out of, and no crayons or paper to feed her urges of creativity. She was simply . . . alone.

Something she was far too used to.

Eris Walker sat against the white tiled wall, her matted hair pushed behind her and acting as a cushion for her head. The dirt that covered her feet acted as make-shift shoes, giving her some sort of warmth as she sat in the cold room.

She may look crazy, but the girl was far from it. Eris Walker was smart. Her perfect grades and high IQ staying with her, even through the trauma that she had gathered along the way from her time at Eichen House. But as well as intelligent, the girl was brave, and despite the heavy, dark thoughts that occupied her mind, consisting of threats and ways to commit murder on those who deserved it—Eris was once good.

Being abandoned and neglected at such a young age, and then proceeding to be thrown into a mental institution against her will, was what had broken the girl and had the angel on her shoulder falling, being replaced with another devil.

The Walker girl hummed, her head swaying from side to side to match the rhythm, continuing to do so even after the door opened and a woman dressed in blue entered.

"Eris . . . you're free to go, as long as you promise not to hurt any more patients," the woman with messy curls and dark skin informed, staring at the girl intently as she held the door open with her body. "Eris?" The woman added as said girl remained in her strange state.

"He's here . . ." she whispered, finally snapping from her trance and turning to stare wide eyed at the woman. "He's going to come for me."

The woman, used to hearing patients spit nonsense, shrugged it off with a sigh. "Okay, come on, Eris. Let's go. I've got other people to check on too."

Eris smirked wickedly as she stood up, her eyes dark as she walked unconsciously past the woman and down the halls.

Once far enough, and once the Eichen worker left her alone, Eris paused, chewing on her bottom lip anxiously as her eyes wandered.