8. Sealing the Deal

Ayaan have lost the count of times he has looked at mirror. He wanted to look his best. They say first impression is the last impression. And he by all means wanted to create a good impression of his on Hania's parents.

Pushing aside all dubious thoughts he went downstairs where already his parents were waiting. Seeing him Mr and Mrs.Ahmed headed towards the main door and Ayaan followed them. They left for Zubair Villa. On their way Ayaan's mother suggested they should buy something sweet for Zubair family as they are going to their house first time. Ayaan followed her idea. and parked near a bakery. He brought a simple red velvet cake. And was about to go back to the car his eyes fell on a nearby flower shop.

He went there and was examining all the flowers which were there. Florist interrupted his thoughts and asked
" sir what do you want ?"
Ayaan replied " I want to buy a bouquet for someone special."

Hearing this florist started to pick some red roses but Ayaan stopped him.
Red is color of love, love is one of the best emotions if it is two sided. One sided love just brings misery. And at the moment he was unsure of Hania's feelings for him. Then his eyes fell on yellow roses. Yellow signals friendship while he feelings are more stronger than it.
At last his eyes fell on purple flowers which he felt was perfect was for the situation. He signalled florist to put those flowers instead.

He returned back to the car and resumed driving

He returned back to the car and resumed driving. His parents were smiling seeing their son's gestures. For them this side of his was quite unusual.
Finally they reached their destination. With every step which Ayaan was taking towards that house his heartbeat was involuntarily increasing. He couldn't believe that a person like him who works in a management position for a big company , one who deals with numerous high profile clients is so anxious to meet a simple family.

He thought to himself
" Hania what are you doing to me , I am feeling all those emotions which I never felt in my life. "

His chain of thoughts was broke when he realized that the front door was open now. And there stood a middle aged couple.
" Asalam o alaikum is that you Zubair ? "
" Walaikum asalam I can't believe my eyes. Usman you are here standing in front of me after such a long time. It's been years."
Saying this Zubair moved forward to hug Usman Ahmed.

Ayaan was astonished and he saw the same expressions on his and Hania's mother face too. He peeked to see if Hania was there but to his dismay he couldn't find any trace of her there.

The two men broke their friendly hug and Zubair said they should come inside now.

While they were sitting in the living room Feriha ( Hania's mother) said " Zubair Sahab I didn't know that you guys already know each other.I have never heard any mention of them from you."
Zubair explained them that he and Usman were childhood friends. They used to live in same neighborhood and went to same school. Afterwards his parents shifted to another locality and he changed school so they lost contact. Usman comtimued this by saying that today's generation won't understand this , they have social media for that. Even if they don't talk on regular basis they are still connected.