14..d-day

Zubair stood still analyzing the impact of feriha's words. After a while he managed to speak
" Feriha what are you saying ? Hania I can't believe." He couldn't complete the sentence and holded his head.

" Zubair please don't stress yourself , your blood pressure might increase. " feriha said with concern

" you are saying it as I have some other option. " zubair said in a bitter tone.

Feriha gave him a glass of water and sat beside him.
" Zubair I know this is something very stressful but at the moment we have to decide what to do next." She said this in attempt of making him look at the big picture.

" there's nothing to decide now, these kids haven't left anything for us to decide. " Zubair responded.

Feriha had a look of pity in her eyes , she knew Zubair was deeply hurt - more than what he is showing. Hania was his pride. He trusted her more than he could ever trust Mirha and Wahaj ( hania's siblings ).

" we should talk to them. " feriha suggested.

"Feriha what will we talk about , the dignity and honor which they decided to compromise on. " he said in a loud voice.

" Zubair I used the word might , I am not absolutely sure. And even if it is the case then also it is not completely wrong. " feriha said in a firm voice.

They were talking downstairs but their voices were loud enough to reach upto Hania's room which was located upstairs. She was intrigued to know what their topic of conversation was as they rarely argued

" It is not wrong but the society we live in considers this as something controversial. And you know this was a reason I didnt like him coming to our house. People will get a chance to gossip."
He took a pause and continued " Dignity and honor are something which take years to be earned hut can be shattered within seconds. " Zubair said while emphasizing on words dignity and honor.

" You are right Zubair dignity and honor are as fragile as glass." Feriha said with a disappointment.

" You know Feriha , I am so disappointed with Hania. I always felt she is most sensible among all our children. I can't understand what magic that guy Ayaan has done on our daughter , with him around she forgets the world. " Zubair said in dismay.

" You are talking about him as he is some random guy. He is our son in law Zubair. " Feriha said.

" yeah our son in law. " his eyebrows knitted together as he said this.

Hania was now standing in corridor where their voices were clearly audible. Questions arose in her mind hearing Ayaan"s name.

" what is happening , what Ayaan have done that mom and dad are arguing due to him. Did they got to know about the wedding proposal. No ayaan you can't do this. " Hania fidgeted her fingers thinking about the situation.

" that son in law of ours have not only dragged himself in this mess but our daughter also and both the families too. Before the world gets to know about their marriage they will get to know about this that our daughter is expecting. " hls jaw clenched as he said those words.

" Please don't be this negative Zubair."
Feriha said with a look of regret. She anticipated him to react in a shocked manner but his reaction was much more negative.
His behavior rather confused her more.

Hania felt a rush of emotions , her brain urged her for a confrontation but her feet felt numb. Confrontations were not her thing. She turned back to her room and locked the door.

She already expected Salma to dramatize the events she saw that day when Ayaan stayed over hut this she didn't imagine in her wildest dreams.

"Salma is highly influenced by Bollywood films but what about mom and dad. They just believed her and are thinking about me like this."