17. suffering

He looked at her with affection but jerked his hand away as he recalled her words from last night.

" I will manage it on my own , you don't have to do it for me. "

Befuddled Hania move away to give him his space.

And after that there was complete silence in the room.

She faked sleep and he indulged in the pool of thoughts.

" kabhi yeh haal ke donon main yak dili thi bohut
Kabhi Yeh marhala jaise ke ashnai na ho "

Night grew dark and sleep consumed both but whether it was peaceful , was a question itself.

Ayaan decided to sleep on the sofa as he couldn't comprehend what to make out of this new relation they are sharing.

This might look like a scene from an Indian TV serial where the main leads are married against their will.

"no .... Please no."

" don't leave."

" please stop.... Don't go. "

Ayaan twitched his eyes in irritation as the sleep which was there for namesake also has vanished.

It didn't take him long to discover the source of disturbance.

It was his so called wife who was sleep blabbering.

He let it go thinking it will faint away , to his dismay it intensified.

He could hear her whimpering and concluded it might be a nightmare due to which she is reacting like this.

Keeping aside all the newly found hostility he went towards her direction to calm her down.

" Hania wake up , its just a dream ." he said in a gentle tone but loud enough so she can realize the reality of situation.

" No ...Don't go. " She was still blabbering.

For a second he wondered about the person, she was so scared to let go. The possibility of him being the same person she was talking about last night made his heart sink.

Keeping aside all thoughts he shook her arms , and was successful as her blabbering stopped.

He brought her a glass of water and was about to leave when felt a hold on his hand. Whatever she thought about him , his heart felt rush of emotions whenever there was any physical contact between them.

" Please don't go , stay with me. Don't leave me like everyone. " She said in a half sleeping voice.

Her eyes were open but was not fully conscious he realized.

" I will stay with you. " He said in a voice devoid of emotions.

" You know everyone left me alone. First you went Azmil then my parents and now Ayaan. No one talks to me Azmil. " she said in a pleading voice.

His heart ached realizing she considered him to be Azmil not Ayaan.

" Why I am here , instead of Azmil ? "
He thought to himself.

" Promise me you won't leave me. " she requested him innocently.

He stayed numb for a while and looked into her eyes to find an unknown fear there.

" okay , I promise I won't leave you." He said with a broken voice.

Before he could get hold of himself he found her arms engulfing him. Her grip on him was quite strong like she was afraid if she loosens her grip he would leave.