Confessed

*** Zuko POV ***

     "I like you." We both said at the same time causing us both to turn our heads to look at each other at the others confession. 

   "I like you Katara." I said again after a long silence of us not looking at each other, "And I don't mean as a friend. I mean as more and I have felt like this for awhile, but honestly thought you hated me for leaving. It's just I couldn't handle seeing you with Aang any longer. It was killing me." 

  "Zuko." She said in such a soft voice I almost thought I imagined it till she looked at me with her perfect blue eyes, "I never liked Aang like that. To be honest he seems more like a brother to me than anything and I don't really know when I started liking you as more than a friend. Who knows maybe it was always there and I just never knew." 

  "So what does this mean for us?" Putting my hands hesitantly on her waist not sure how she would react to me doing so. 

*** Katara pov*** 

What did this mean for us? We both confessed to liking each other so does that mean we should be together? What if he leaves again though? I don't think I could handle it if he did if we get closer. 

 "Are you going to leave again?" I ask scared of the answer that might come from him. 

  "Not unless you go with me. I'm not doing that again." He replied sounding a little hurt by the question. 

I looked him in the eyes and all I could see was warmth. He was hoping I would say I wanted to be with him and I wanted to say it too, but I had to protect myself first. 

"How bout we start off slow and see where it goes from here?" I suggested as It was the only thing I could think to say to protect myself, but still kinds be with him in a way. 

***Zuko*** 

  She was scared I would leave her again which is why she won't be with me like really be with me. However, I will just have to show her that I truly care for her and don't plan on going anywhere. Show her she is safe with me. 

"Of course if that's what you want." I tell her as I wrap her into a hug which she returns back. 

**** I'm back and sorry for the long wait. However, hoping to start to post more starting with this one., but love to give thanks to everyone that commented on the previous ones and all the love I am getting on this and thanks to everyone adding this to their own little collections. ***