Chapter 4

Chase and Skye woke up the next morning with some decent sleep. The two pups woke up to find themselves spoon cuddling. Feeling embarrassed, two the pups quickly separated and looked at each other.

"Was that your plan?" Skye asked with curiosity.

"No. Was that yours?" Chase asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What? No! That was not me! It must've been you and your obsession of hugging things while you're asleep!" The cockapoo retorted.

 "Hey, don't look at me, dimwit, I didn't do it."

And just like that, another argument was being cooked up by the two pups.

"Look here, it wasn't me."

"Well, who was it?"

The two pups stood there and began figuring out who was to blame. Finally, Chase spoke up.

"Fine. I did it." The German Shepherd confessed, not making eye contact.

"And why did you spoon me? I thought we hated each other, or at least that's what I thought." Skye muttered that last part.

Chase then began to think of a reason why he'd happen to end up in the position he was in before waking up. He couldn't come up with anything though. Skye was getting impatient and couldn't wait any longer.

"You know what, forget it. Let's talk about it another time." She said before leaving the tent, leaving Chase alone. But one question was floating around Chase's head: How did he and Skye end up spoon cuddling? Wouldn't matter anyways since the cockapoo was waiting outside for him.

"Hey, you comin' or not?" Skye hollered.

"Yeah. just give me a minute." Chase replied.

"Well, I'm giving you thirty seconds to come out here or else I'm comin' in there and taking that mp3 player again." Chase then raced out of the tent.

"You wouldn't dare." Chase said in a dark tone.

"Oh I would." The cockapoo smirked. "Now get out here and let's take a walk. We need to stay healthy. Especially you, chubby cheeks." She said before walking off. Chase was already losing his temper at the nickname.

"You mind to say that to my face?" Skye stopped in her tracks and turned around and walked back towards him and got into his face, which caused Chase's face to heat up.

"Chubby Cheeks."

Chase wanted to smack her, but couldn't due to an obvious reason.

"Well it's not my fault I have cheeks are so big."

"It isn't your fault. It's your parent's fault."

"Excuse me?"

"What? It doesn't make you any less handsome." She told the shepherd, only to realize what came out of her mouth. Both pups were in a blushing mess. Chase then spoke up.

"Y-you think I'm handsome?" The German Shepherd asked the blushing cockapoo.

Skye shook her head. "Hell no! You're just like me, a fucking mirror!"

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Just forget it. Come walk with me and don't talk to me." She said before walking off. Chase followed shortly after. On this walk, Chase found himself staring at Skye every five seconds. He couldn't take her mind off her compliment earlier.

'Is that how she sees me? Handsome? Maybe she- Nope, no way, I'm not falling for it. But maybe,- Chase you keep this up, you're bound to be dead meat.'