Chapter 12

Chase was still asleep when morning arrived. Yesterday was quite a game of Truth or Dare. Skye had already gotten up before Chase so she went ahead and embraced the brilliance of the morning sun. She was thinking about yesterday's game of Truth or Dare. She let out a dreamy sigh as the visual moving image of Chase giving her a kiss on the cheek played in her mind. She'd never felt so lucky. Chase, however, was still in the tent having a dream. A happy dream to be exact.

                                                        -Dream sequence starts-

Chase and Skye were back with the other pups in Adventure Bay playing catch in the lookout's lawn. The game was going good so far, that was until Marshall had lost the ball again for the second time that month. Skye didn't like what just happened so she turned her attention to the German Shepherd pup on the team, Chase.

"Real smooth, Chase. Real smooth." She said sarcastically.

"Again with this! Every time Marshall messes something up, you always put the blame on me!" The German Shepherd argued.

"Yeah. Like that's ever true." She retorted as she rolled her eyes at him.

"Oh do you want to start that narcissistic disorder shit? 'Cause I got news for you, no one here is buying it. So quit the 'I didn't do that' stuff, mrs. mopey."

"Well the game would be a lot better if you weren't playing." The cockapoo stated.

"Oh really?!"

The other pups wanted to get back to their game so they wouldn't have to hear the quarreling.

"Can't you two just kiss and make up?" Marshall asked eagerly.

The cockapoo was about to snap at the Dalmatian but stopped herself to think for a brief moment.

"Sure." She said as she went up to Chase and pressed her lips onto Chase's. Chase was caught off guard at what was taking place but slowly gave in to the kiss. After a few seconds, The two pups separated and stared at each other. Chase's heart was beating like never before. Skye, however, had an unamused look on her face. She then turned to the Dalmatian.

"There. Are you happy?" She asked sarcastically. The other pups were shocked at what Skye had done.

"I know you did not just do what I think you just did." Rocky said to her, almost speechless.

Skye only smirked at him and turned to Chase, who was now amazed at what just happened.

                                                           -Dream sequence ends-

Before he knew it, Chase woke up hyperventilating. The dream, or so-called 'nightmare', made Chase blush just thinking about it. He surveyed the tent to make sure Skye was either asleep or out of the tent before him. To his relief, Skye was nowhere to be seen. The only thing that was in the tent were the camping bags and his mp3 player that was lying around. Chase took a moment to regain his breath. He glanced towards the crack in the tent opening and sighed.

"Thank God, she's not here." He panted.

Chase got up and stretched with his behind in the air and slowly made his way out of the tent. To his surprise, Skye wasn't around. This made Chase a little anxious. He glanced around the campsite to find the cockapoo but to no avail. Just then, He heard some footsteps and looked towards the jogging path and there was Skye jogging back towards Chase. Chase ran to her with a relieved expression on his face.

"Oh thank goodness, you're still here." He said with a relieved sigh. Skye took notice of the German Shepherd's behavior.

"Aww. You were worried." She said, which was supposed to be sarcastic.