Chapter 10

It was morning before the two pups knew it and Skye was the first to wake up. Skye opened her eyes what she saw was a dream come true. Her nose was touching Chase's nose as Chase was still asleep. Skye blushed and stayed in the same position until Chase woke up. Chase then woke up and noticed the position he was in with Skye and blushed. Chase was staring into Skye's beautiful magenta eyes while Skye was staring into Chase's chocolate brown eyes. He then noticed the position he was in with Skye and blushed. Skye then broke the ice.

"Do you mind?" Skye asked, trying to sound unamused.

"Oh, uh, sure." Chase replied, backing up to give her space, even though the tent was small.

"That's better." Skye said. The tow pups looked at each other in awkwardness until Skye spoke up again.

"I feel like we forgot something."

"Like what?"

"Like we meant to do something yesterday. Like..." She said as she tried to think. Then it came to her. "Oh my God, you forgot the marshmallows!"

"What?"

"You said in that note you left me told me that we were gonna have marshmallows last night!"

"Look, Skye-" Skye then got up and shouted at him.

"Don't 'Look, Skye' me, where are the marshmallows?"

"I don't have any." He bluntly told her.

Skye was taken aback by his response. "You dirty liar!" She said as she smacked him. Chase just smirked and sang a song.

Hey, you
you're saying that
She's all that you desire, liar
Hey, you
you think you can throw water on this fire, liar

Skye got Chase's reference and smiled. "you like that song too?"

"Yeah. How couldn't I?"

"Well, you couldn't if you like today's music."

"Tell me about it."

And then an awkward silence rolled in.

"So, what do you want to do?" Chase finally asked, breaking the ice.

"I don't know. Talk some more?" Skye replied, feeling a bit awkward.

"We just did that yesterday."

"Well, we'll do it some more."

Then the two pups sat there, waiting for one of them to speak up.

"Well this is a great start." Chase said in a sarcastic manner.

Skye chuckled. "Wow, Chase, I didn't know you liked Slipknot."

"Ah, shut up." He said as he got up from his spot and trotted out of the tent. After exiting the tent, he then walked towards the direction Skye ran off the past couple of days.

"Let's hope that Skye doesn't go down this way again." He muttered to himself. He turned back around just when he heard something rustling in the bushes. He turned his head towards the noise and out came a pup. An Australian Shepherd pup to be exact. The pup surveyed her location before noticing the German Shepherd in front of her. And when the two pups locked eyes, the Australian Shepherd spoke up.

"Chase?" The Australian Shepherd pup asked in shock, as if she had met him before.

"Lexi?" The German Shepherd asked with the same feelings. And just like that, Lexi pounced on the German Shepherd, bringing him into a hug. Chase was caught off guard while Lexi began to apologize for the wrong she had done in the past.