Chapter 22

It had been days since Chase and Skye had been told the news. They felt sadder than ever. The rest of the patrol took notice of this and wanted to do something about it. They were hoping their plan of having Rubble as their deputation had worked. Thankfully, the rescue team had no missions to take care of.

The pups were crowded around Chase's puphouse, trying to get Chase out of his puphouse to see if they could try and fix his depressed state.

"Hey, Chase, can we see you for a minute?" Rocky asked.

"Come on, Chase, we just want to cheer you up." Marshall added.

After a few seconds, they heard footsteps as the police pup's door opened and what they saw was shocking. There was Chase, tear marks tracing down his cheeks coming from his bloodshot eyes.

"Dude, he's a mess." Zuma whispered to Rocky, who nodded in agreement.

"What do you guys want?" The German Shepherd asked. His tone was more depressed than anything else.

The pups looked at each other, trying to figure out which one of them would speak up first. Marshall couldn't take the silence anymore so he took the first step.

"Hey, Chase, there's something wrong with you." The dalmatian pointed out.

"I know," Chase replied, "My owner is a dummy."

It was obvious that he wasn't happy about the fact that he and Skye couldn't be a couple because of Ryder's new rules from his tone.

"Hey, Chase, I was wondering if you would like to hang out with us. You know, go around town and go for a bite at Mr. Porter's."

The German Shepherd's mood didn't lift however. "No thanks. I had a better idea that I would convince Skye to run away with me so we can be together without anyone else telling us otherwise."

The pups were shocked when hearing this.

"You would do that?" The Chocolate labrador asked.

"Yeah. I just got done listening to a song and thought it might be the best option for us."

The pups grew worried after what the German Shepherd had said and were about to object to his plan, but their pup tags lit up just as they were about to open their mouths.

"Paw Patrol, to the lookout!"

"Well, I would say something stupid about that plan but we can wait until later."

The pups ran into the lookout and into the elevator. Skye was followed behind the pups sauntering depressingly into the lookout's elevator. The pups noticed Skye's depressed expression, especially Chase, and wanted to cheer her up, but they knew deep inside the only remedy they had was Chase. If Chase could, he would've wrapped the cockapoo in a hug. But the German shepherd knew he couldn't do it, so he looked away in guilt. Before they knew it, the elevator closed its doors and went up to the top deck and the pups jumped into their spots.

"Paw Patrol ready for action, Ryder, sir!" Chase stated proudly, trying to mask over his masquerade that was his heartbroken state.

"Thanks for coming, pups, but there's no other missions for today." Ryder said, pushing a button that made the screen pop up about Ryder's rules.

"What did you call us in for, Ryder?"

Ryder paused before continuing. "From what I've seen recently, some of you have not been getting along with the new rules that I've come up with."

Chase and Skye looked down in shame, knowing he was talking about them.

"So, one of you told me that because of these rules, they have caused some sort of disturbance to some of your everyday lives, and to that, I will make a decision."

Chase and Skye's ears perked up after hearing that they looked up to their owner with bated breath.

"What's the decision, Ryder?" Chase asked nervously.

"I will change the rule "No Dating Pups", but I will replace it with another rule, which is something you can vote on, starting today."

The pups couldn't believe their ears. Chase and Skye's expressions lit up so fast.

"Really?! You mean it?!" Chase asked with a happy look on his face.

"Yes, really," Ryder responded. "But you have to promise me that you'll put your love aside and focus on missions when the time comes."

"Oh, we will, Ryder!"

Then Chase and Skye came up to Ryder and showered him with licks.

"Remember your promise." Ryder reminded them. The two pups nodded.

After a few minutes, the pups left the top deck and celebrated the two pups' victory as they exited the elevator.

"I can't believe it; you're actually mine!" Skye said happily, nuzzling the German Shepherd.

"I can't believe it either!" Chase replied, kissing the cockapoo's forehead.

The pups began dancing around the lookout observatory in joy and triumph. The groups of pups then settled down.

"So, what do you two plan to do next since you're officially a couple?" Rocky asked.

The German Shepherd and the cockapoo glanced at each other.

"I don't know. Go on our first date, go to a dance, go see the sunset, and do whatever my Chasey wants to do." Skye responded, not taking her eyes off her lover.

"Does that also mean listen to whatever I put on my speaker?" Chase asked playfully.

"Don't you mean OUR speaker?"

"Yes, sweetheart, our speaker."

The rest of the pups knew what was going to happen and knew that another argument was brewing and Marshall quickly butted in.

"Hey, guys, want me to join us for a bite at Mr. Porter's to celebrate you two becoming a couple?"

Chase and Skye took their gaze off each other and glanced at the dalmatian.

"Yes, of course!" Skye answered happily.

"We'd love to!" Chase said.

And with that, the six pups trotted out of the lookout and into town with the two pups that loved each other very much.

Ryder was on the top deck looking down at the pups.

"What a bunch of good pups." He smiled as he walked away.