Chapter 8

Luca's POV:

There was nobody named Eli in the files. I was scared. Who was he? Alberto was completely right about him. Eli is a jerk and it was all his fault Alberto got mad at me. I stood up from Giulia's stool. "Luca, where are you going?" She asked whispering. "I've seen enough.." I went outside of her room and went to Alberto and my tree house.

"Hey, Alberto." I said yawning. "Hey, Luca." Alberto looked at me then looked away. I figured something.. We hadn't really talked much when we did that in our other secret hideout. I blushed. "So.. Can we talk about that night?" I was scared of what he was going to say. Probably, "No. Sorry, Luca I don't like you that way." or, "No, Luca I'm not gay that's disgusting."

"Yeah." He said in relief. He agreed? Why? "Okay.. Why did you do that?" I asked. "Do what?" He looked at me stupidly. Dumbo. "Why did you do that, that night?" My palms started sweating, I was nervous. "Oh.. I just, I really like you, you know? I've liked you since the day I laid my eyes on you." I cringed at the last sentence but it was pretty cute too.

"You should've told me." I replied. "You were a stranger back then, Luca! But that doesn't change the fact that you've made me the happiest I've ever felt in my entire life." He looked at me in the eyes and we stared at each other for a few seconds. "I.. Thanks." I didn't know what to say. I wasn't good at expressing my feelings. This has never happened to me either.

"Luca, that night you told me you loved me. Do you..still?" He choked on the last words and I could tell he was worried and about to cry. He has been keeping this to himself this entire time we've lived together. "..I do." I break eye contact and looked at the sky, "I have always liked you as well. I didn't know at first.." I sighed.

"I still love you, Alberto. I love you so much." I say truthfully. Alberto smiles and cuddles me as he plants a kiss on my forehead, "You're so cute. I love you too." I cuddled him back and he continued, "Luca, will you be my boyfriend?" I looked up at him confusedly. Isn't a boyfriend a friend that's a boy?

"A boyfriend is a person that is more than a friend or a best friend." He explained giggling. "Oh, yes of course!" I hugged him tightly and we slept cuddling each other.

I really do love him. So..boyfriend, huh?