Poppy

You put your backpack on, grabbing an extra hairtie. Just in case, you never truly know.

As you walk to the bus station, you can't help but cringe at the idea of having to face the green eyed boy again. He didn't do anything to you...

But that poor boy.

Pursing your lips together, you shake the thoughts from your system. The past is past, no time to dwell, you remind yourself. The corner of your mouth lifts as you imagine yourself as an old lady, telling this to random kids at the local commune. The smile turns to a smirk as you consider the possibility that you won't live past 23.

You flick your shoes, popping the inside of the heel against your clothed foot. A little bit of a nervous habit, but you suppose it's harmless.

As you look around the bus, your eyes meet light gray ones.

Stormy eyes widen and look away quickly, his face being hidden by his white locks. The bruises on his face, and his split lip trigs your memory. Ah, it's the boy who was beat up earlier. You shuffle and sit across from him, wanting to make contact, but not wanting to freak him out.

"How's the pain?" You ask, mentally slapping yourself the second the words flew from your tounge. Really y/n?? You couldn't think of anything else to say??

You are so busy deprecating your admittedly horrid social skills that you almost miss the soft voice of the white haired male

"Its ok" he mumbles, wiping his lip. You bite the inside of your cheek, before digging into your bag. After fishing around, and the albino staring at you in confusion, you fish out a red and white bottle.

"I have painkillers? I mean you probably ready took some, or maybe you are allergic, or-"

"Thank you." The male says, smiling slightly, and painfully.

Passing the bottle over, you say, "I'm y/n l/n"

"Remi Olives" he says, passing the bottle back, not meeting your gaze. A couple very awkward seconds go by, and the bus creaks to a stop.

"I can walk with you." You state, feeling some responsibility towards the wellbeing of Remi. He nervously shifts as he gets up, unable to look at you.

"You don't have to." He murmurs. You roll your eyes

" We duh, of course I don't have to, I want to. Besides, I need you. I don't know anyone here." You smile, your eyes forming half moons. Remi's face reddens to a shade like a poppy, but you don't notice.

She needs me? Remi's heart beat rises rapidly.

As the both of you walk into school, the albino male nervously looks around, so you put your hand on his shoulder.

"It's ok." You gently smile. Although you can't physically protect him, if you stay in busy areas, avoiding trouble will be a lot easier. Stopping at your class door, you turn to Remi.

"Adios. See you after ?" You flick two fingers in a salute. He nods, and watches you disappear into the class.

"Woah, so your mom and dad both have white hair?" You gasp in awe after inquiring about his snowy locks. He nods. "My mom has pink eyes though. She was disliked for that ..." He trails off. "Well I think it's pretty " you say, pointing your fork at him, before hastily snatching back down. Another habit of yours. "Thanks" he says, a smile lifting the corners of his mouth. "I have to use the bathroom, be right back Remi." You say, feeling a sudden horrible feeling in your stomach.

You rush to the bathroom, and puke into a toilet, not having time to lock the stall. After heaving for a minute, you flush and wash your mouth out with water. In the reflection, you see a male with black hair and navy eyes.

This was the men's room.