Fresh Start?

You rub your temples to fight a headache  away as you wait in the library lobby. Yesterday was a mess to say the least. Your mood worsening, you try and sort through your train of thought. Well, more like a train wreck. 

You don't hold feeling for Lilren right? He's a flirt who was literally trained to be seductive. You two do flirty shit and don't mean it all the time! It doesn't mean anything, he's just good at his job. You scold yourself. Then why was it so embarrassing? Was it because of Alexandre? 

Your self rambling is interrupted by a certain blonde. "Hey, stop staring off." he grumbles, dragging you into the library. "Let's get this over with." 

"I agree, asshat." you snap, pulling your sleeve from his grip. He had been holding your sleeve with two fingers, like it was something foul. The both of you sit down at a table and pull out the supplies. 

"It's on photosynthesis. You write the rough draft and I will fix your mistakes." Edmund says. 

"Yeah right, like I'm gonna let you be dead weight. You write the intro and conclusion, I write the body. And that's only after research." you snap, the tension in your neck unbearable.

"What? No way. I do not want to be stuck with-" 

"Hold up." you cut the temperamental blonde off, holding your finger to your lips. "Let's start again." Certain that this is the most cheesy idea you have ever had, you stand up and walk away. 

"Oi, what the fuck? Get back here!" Edmund whisper-shouts. You turn the corner, forcing a bright smile. 

"Oh hi! You must be my project partner! I haven't seen you around school before!" you stick out your hand, cringing at your own actions. After what felt like a million years of the blonde staring at you, Edmund reluctantly  shakes your hand. 

"And I haven't seen you before."

"Y/n L/n at your company!" you say, sitting down. 

"Edmund Wildes." he says, confusion written all over his face. Absolutely insufferable. He thinks. 

******

Well shit.

The blonde watches your figure turn the corner, and slumps, his head hitting the table. After two weeks of working on the project after school, you weren't that insufferable now. And he hates it. The feisty, reckless bitch he quickly learned to hate was now a feisty, reckless bitch who he slightly wanted to see again. 

Why are you so... likable when you aren't kicking his family jewels? The male scowls. He would've been just fine continuing to paint you in a negative light. After all, the less you know someone, the easier it is to hate them. 

But nooooo. Someone decided to wake up and be charismatic. Edmund huffs, sitting up and putting his things into the bag. Your hard work combined with your admittedly fluent writing made you a good project partner. Edmund was fine with that. What he didn't like was your stupid sarcastic jokes and infuriatingly helpful attitude. You didn't change from who you were before, you just weren't as aggressive. Granted, it was warranted. There were only a few days before the presentation. A cold snare of an unidentified feeling wraps itself around Edmund's stomach. Will you two separate after the project? No, you wouldn't do that. Right?

A buzzing sound interrupts Edmund's mulling. He fumbles it out, his heart thundering as he imagines your icon on his screen. When it's not yours, a wave of guilt washes over him. He knows Ren is practically in love with you. From the initial inquiry about you to the fact that Edmund has heard Ren mumbling in his sleep. 

"Hello?" Edmund answers the unknown number.

"Wildes, I have an assignment for you." A feminine voice says, like a deadly purr. 

*****

Ren closes his eyes, pushing down the swirl of rage currently wreaking havoc. Papers are scattered throughout the room, and a vase lies in shattered remains. The fucking teacher didn't pair you together because she thought "Wildes is a good match for L/n" The teacher will pay for this. Unfortunately, Father refused to send hitmen for the old hag. Begrudgingly, Ren settled for reputative ruin. After all, its because of the teacher that you are currently alone with Edmund. 

 His pale, usually stoic features twitch as he imagines you and Edmund at the library. This isn't how it was supposed to go. You were supposed to be partners with him. He would bond with you, and then after the project he would gage if he could ask you out yet. 

"I should just take her." He darkly mutters. Technically he could, but he wanted you two to be in love. His heart would simply shatter if you ever feared him. He wants to wrap his arms around you and feel your heart beat against his back. He wants to see your early morning face and your late night pajamas. He wants to kiss you so badly, it's as if his lips are on fire, and your touch is the only water on earth.   

The thought of you slows Ren's heart rate, and he throws himself on his bed, curling himself into a ball. His pale hand slips under his pillow and he pulls out a recent photo of you. 

It's a shot that you obviously didn't know was being taken, as you stare blankly at the soccer field during PE. Your hair glistens in the sunlight, a light sheen of sweat making your skin appear as if its shining. Your eyes are in a whole different universe, your e\c hues unfocused and dreamy. He pulls it close to his body. How he wishes he was able to stay with you throughout childhood. Maybe he would already be dating you. He shudders in pleasure at the mere thought of him calling you his and you calling him yours. He is not going to lose you. 

If he's being honest, he doesn't know how much more space he is willing to give you. He has laid back from your everyday life, even allowing that white haired boy to be near you. However, it's about time the snow boy backed off. Ren contemplates darkly. 

a/n my eyes hurt