People Watching

**warnings for all my lovely readers: reminder that this is a yandere story so it has themes that are unpleasant**

Lilren apathetically washes his hands, scrubbing the dark brown dried flecks from under his nails, and looks up at the mirror. He stares, feeling the water run over hands as he meets his own icy blue eyes. It feels like a stranger looking back at him, someone who was perfectly made. With his perfect silver hair, seductive smile, flirty lines, they all disgust him. His whole existence disgusts him. A knot grows in Lilren's throat as he knows that this is not him. Nobody really knows him, just his formulated personalities best formed just for them. At this point, he doesn't even know himself. Salt burns his eyes as he grips his hands, feeling the water rush over it, washing off absolutely nothing. His hands, his mind, his soul is just as dirty as before. His vision darkens and his throat closes, restricting his breathing. Something shatters, and his hands feel painful. Everything is painful. Lilren gasps for breath, choking and begging for release, he just wants to go away...

Something wet and cold lays on his forehead, and blankets are gently tucked around him as sunlight filters through the window. It's her. How could I forget? He blearily opens his eyes, rubbing them and feeling cloth wrapped around his wrists and hands. He frowns at the neat wrapping. I did it again. 

"Y/n?" he calls out, his voice hoarse from crying. He lied. There is someone who knows him, who has been with him through each and every year since he can remember. 

"Y/n?!" he cries out again, tears beginning to sting again. He peels the hot and sweaty sheets off, and rattles the door knob.  

"Y/N?!" He shouts, feeling the crumbling begin again. The door unlocks and slams open, almost whacking Lilren across his face.

 "Shut up." Alexandre growls, kicking Lilren to the ground, his hands snaking around the silver boy's neck. His tan fingers twitch, and he kicks the door closed.

 "You fucking asshole, you shit, you-" Alexandre tightens his grip, enjoying the sight of Lilren's usually flawless skin begin to discolour. "You do nothing but exist, you fucking pretty boy. You slut, you cry and scream for her, not even thinking about how your actions effect her." Lilren chokes out incoherently, and all Alexandre makes out is your name. "SHUT YOUR MOUTH- YOU DON'T DESERVE TO SAY HER NAME!!" He digs his knee sharply into Lilren's gut, hoping to make a deep, dark bruise. He releases Lilren's throat and viscously rips off the bandages around the silveret's hands. He shoves them in his pockets before pinning Lilren's hands above him with one hand. He digs his fingers into the skin, splitting the healed skin and the careful stitches you made. He kneads his fingers, gripping each lip of flesh with malicious intent. 

Lilren splutters and coughs, gaining his voice before weakly choking out, "Give them back..." He squirms and reaches up, thrashing the best he can. "She gave them to me." His mangled hands twist in the air, and Alexandre stands up, giving a final kick to the ribs of the silveret before slamming the door behind him. 

Lilren curls on his side, tears leaking uncontrollably, yet his face is blank. His arms feel wet again. They feel naked again. He can feel the wind in his veins, under his skin. His eyes rest on the red hairband on his dresser. Usually it's in his hair, even through it's yours. You gave it to him when he first tried to grow his hair out, about four years ago. 

----------

"Stay still-" thirteen year old you says, trying to comb through the shoulder length hair of Lilren. Lilren squirms and shuffles, wincing slightly as the comb catches. "Tch, if you brushed it everyday it wouldn't be so bad." you say, making Lilren smile. 

"But I want you to brush it." he says, meeting your gaze in the mirror with a grin.

You gently flick his head, "Stop that, I told you not to do stuff your training teaches you around me." Lilren sinks slightly. But he means it. Your face softens and you pull a crimson hairband out of your hair, putting Lilren's hair half up.