A Sparkling Addition

Jisung swayed from side to side, humming the Arthur theme song as he carried his food to the table. He slid next to his friend, placing the food down and drumming on the table.
Jeno snorted, sliding containers toward Jisung before stealing some of the food from Jisung's tray. "You seem kinda bubbly."
"Good things be happening, my friend," Jisung looked up at him before hunching back over and stuffing as many rice cakes in his mouth as he could fit. Jeno laughed, patting the boy on the back as Jisung choked slightly.

He had been pretty happy after his photography class, pestering and bothering Chenle seemed to put him in a great mood for some reason. He should really just make it his mission to piss off the older boy if he was gonna feel this great.

Swallowing his food, he looked up to Jeno, noticing the boy had gone silent. Seeing that he was glaring at some place, he looked in his direction of sight to see a random kid he didn't know talking with Renjun. He looked back to Jeno, seeing him throw daggers with his eyes at the unknown pink haired male. He watched the guy run his hand through his hair, grinning prettily at his hyung, Renjun smiling back.

He quickly yanked Jeno down as he started to rise from his seat, instead changing the topic slightly to make sure he wouldn't do anything stupid. "So, hyung, why do you call Chenle hyung and Renjun hyung "brooding and emo" if Chenle's the only one dressed head to toe in darker than my future clothing."
"Hm?" Jeno slowly peeled his eyes away from the two boys and looked at the younger in a slightly angered daze. He asked Jisung to repeat himself before he answered. "Oh, right." He nodded for a moment, looking forward as he began processing words again before snapping his head to him. "Wait what? Renjun's exactly like Chenle."
"What do you mean though?" Jisung furrowed his eyebrows.
Jeno huffed, shaking his head, "Renjun constantly only wears hoodies, hood always thrown over his head, he wears gloves as well like that. He wears them even in summer, how he doesn't overheat is a mystery to me," he chuckled.

"Gloves?" Jisung looked down to his hands, remembering the grip Renjun had on his hands. Wouldn't it be easier to pull his hands out then?
Jeno furrowed his brows at him, "dude, it's like you've never met Renjun before."
Jisung sharply inhaled, staring at his hands, remembering the void of Renjun's eyes he had stared into. Maybe he really hadn't met him. At least properly.

"He doesn't wear sunglasses, right?" Jisung muttered quietly, Jeno responding that he didn't before going back to staring longingly at Renjun across the cafeteria.
Jisung nodded slowly, taking in the facts he had. There wasn't a silver undertone to Renjun's eyes as far as he knew, or maybe he hadn't noticed. Maybe he had to ask Chenle about it.

What if Renjun wasn't exactly human either?

Jisung's attention snapped as someone tapped at their table, looking up to be greeted by the kid who had been flirting with Renjun earlier. He smiled sweetly at him and Jeno, Jisung immediately feeling kind of soft under his gaze. The boy had pretty eyes and a beautiful smile, the kind that could make anyone fall for him with a simple look, a person you would think about all day even after a mere glance.

Although it didn't seem to have that kind of effect on Jeno it seemed.

"Hi," the boy offered a hand, grinning at him, his voice sounding like honey.
Jeno rolled his tongue against his cheek, taking the guy's hand into his and shaking it. "What do you want, Jaemin?"
The boy, Jaemin, that Jisung had never met in his life for some reason, chuckled quietly, "why are you so mean to me Jeno? We've only known each other for a few days now."
"And I told you to back off Renjun," Jeno huffed out harshly.
Jaemin giggled sweetly as Jisung furrowed his eyebrows watching everything unfolding before him. Maybe this guy was weird too. He had never seen the guy before and yet Jeno seemed to know him kinda well. And seemed to strongly dislike him. "Renjunnie tells me he's single, Lee Jeno. Seems you aren't dating so I don't see what I'm doing wrong now, handsome."
Jeno clicked his jaw, starting to stand up from his chair with balled fists. Jisung's eyes widened, shooting up from his seat and jumping down on to Jeno's shoulders to stop him from beating up the kid in front of him.

He smiled as pressed firmly on Jeno's shoulders, "sorry, he's a bit out of it today," he laughed awkwardly, Jaemin looking at him fondly. "He's a nice, good person I promise."
Jaemin laughed, no sense of malice in his tone as he ruffled Jisung's hair, "I know that, Jeno seems really sweet, but he doesn't seem to like the idea of me liking Renjun."
"Ah yeah," Jisung rubbed the nape of his neck, now just hugging Jeno from behind, "I mean, he's liked him for a long time."
Jeno glared up at Jisung but Jaemin simply giggled once more, "I think the whole school knows that, honey." He bent down to Jeno's eye level, tilting his head to him, "maybe you should start doing something about it before I do, hm?"
Jeno grunted, slumping down in Jisung's arms as Jaemin smiled at him. He pinched Jeno's cheek before bidding goodbye to them both.

Jeno scoffed, eyes following the pink haired boy's form, trying to burn holes in his skin with his sight. Jisung chuckled, even though Jeno didn't have the guts to ask Renjun out, he was incredibly protective over him. He wondered if Jeno was stupid or a coward honestly.
"Just ask Renjun hyung out, maybe Jaemin hyung will leave him be then," Jisung tried to rationalise, sitting down as he continued clinging to his hyung.
Jeno sighed, sliding into Jisung's arms, "fine fine, just lemme find a way to ask him then."
"Exactly," Jisung nodded, moving back to his food and patting Jeno's back, "then you can figure out your 'more than one partner need' crisis."
"It's not a crisis," Jeno mumbled with a pout. Jisung simply laughed and nodded in response, wondering if dating Renjun would mean dating something that wasn't considered worldly.

Only time would tell it seemed.