Jeno's Not Right

"Can you turn into a bat?" Jisung asked as he swivelled in his chair, Chenle typing bits to their project. They were almost done and slowly both of them were adding other things that they found comfort in. Not wanting to admit to himself that quite a few of the new pics had to do with the boy beside him, he was procrastinating his part, just a little, so he could sort out his head. He just hoped that Jeno wasn't really right.

Chenle sighed, turning to him, "No I-" he cut himself off. He blinked, Jisung chuckling to himself as he found the boy's confused doe eyes absolutely adorable.
"No."
The older boy pulled out his phone, quickly sending a text to someone. He stared blankly at his screen for a moment as he waited, Jisung tapping his thighs as he waited for Chenle to finish whatever he was doing. After seemingly getting a response the boy looked back up at him, "Yeah, no I can't just yet."
Jisung laughed slightly, "did you just ask Renjun?"
Chenle giggled, tilting his side to side, "Yeah." He doubled into short fits of laughter, Jisung following right after.

Jisung couldn't really stress enough how much he enjoyed Chenle's presence now, how much he liked talking and laughing with him as he completed their project together. His only hope at this point was that Chenle wouldn't just toss him away at the end.
"He wouldn't...would he?"

"Ya!" Chenle flicked Jisung's shoulder, the boy snapping out of his head. Chenle laughed as Jisung blinked up at him, the younger boy noticing how grossly fast his heart was beating just because Chenle had an adorable laugh. Though he should be slightly used to it now, how his heart would skip a beat in Chenle's presence and how warm he'd feel in his chest despite the chill the older boy typically brought to the room. He had mulled it over, laying in his bed as he stared at the ceiling at three a.m.. But the more he thought, the weirder he felt, the stranger the images in his head got and the more he just wanted to throw himself out of the window to stop the fuzzy feeling growing in his chest every time he thought of Chenle smiling. He really just didn't want Jeno to be right.

"Did I space out again?" Jisung asked, falling into a smile. Chenle snorted, nodding as he looked back at their essay. "This...this is not gonna work."
"Why don't we just put together what we have?" Jisung suggested, raising his brow once he realised that that was actually a logical solution.

Chenle laughed softly at Jisung's bewildered state, grabbing the board given by their teacher earlier and taking the photographs they had printed at school. It was like a preschool project, cutting and pasting pictures, eventually coming together into a weirdly beautiful mess of pictures and aesthetics.

The two sat down on the floor, placing the contents on the floor with scissors and glue. Chenle placed a few other items, some tape, leaves as well and decorative paper. Jisung started cutting out the images they had taken, Chenle placing them on the board to see where they would best fit. Neatly rounding off the edges, Jisung bit his lip, trying to make all the pictures as pristine and clean as possible. The project had to be perfect since they had very little content, so the clutter had to be organised and neat so they could score high enough with simplicity. It just couldn't look bare, which was difficult when trying to fill an A2 white board and they had about five or six relatively small images.

He finished the pictures, placing them beside Chenle who was busy chewing his lip and wracking his brain. He took the remaining photos, trying to position them on the board in a nicer way. Jisung tilted his head, watching as the older boy placed and took away photos and decorative pieces, muttering to himself about how they really didn't have enough. The younger boy reached up, gently placing his hand on Chenle's head in one of his small dazes, Chenle's head shooting up upon contact. Jisung didn't react though, instead carding his fingers through Chenle's dark hair, feeling lost in the soft fluffiness of his hair, which definitely was strange but it didn't seem that Chenle minded. He simply chuckled, nuzzling into Jisung's touch.
The young boy paused for a moment, retracting his hand back as he mumbled an apology. Chenle shook his head, pulling his hand back almost whiningly, "I don't mind, Ji, I don't mind the warmth considering I'm already like halfway to death."

Jisung chuckled, ruffling the boy's hair before pulling his hand back, instead trying to help Chenle with their project rather than just gazing at him as if he were the stars. Not that the stars could really compare to how pretty Chenle was, but Jisung didn't want to tell him that to avoid weirding out the boy more than he already had in the past week or so. Cause seriously, it was like he lost his impulse control around the boy, he would just leap before he thought and it was getting a bit stupid. Hell he offered his damn blood to the guy, how much stranger could his...fondness of the guy get?

Jisung tried to push his thoughts out, furrowing his brows as one of his many random questions passed his mind. "Hey, Lele, would it be considered necrophilia to sleep with a vampire?"
Chenle froze, eyes going wide in horror as he gradually looked up at him. "Why the fuck would you say that?" he almost yelled, Jisung falling into laughter and shrugging his shoulders. At least his mind was off what he was thinking earlier.
"Cause like," he leaned back on his hands, chuckling to himself, "you're like basically dead, so wouldn't-"
"Stop making this weirder than it already is," Chenle cut him off, glaring at him.
"Right cause everything about you screams normal," Jisung nodded as Chenle sat up in defence.
"IT'S NOT THAT WEIRD, BRO, YOU'RE WEIRD!" Chenle yelled out, sticking his tongue out at him.
Jisung clasped at his chest dramatically before jokingly snapping back, "YOU DON'T HAVE A HEARTBEAT OR A SOUL, BITCH."
"WELL I'D LIKE TO THINK I'M AT LEAST A TAD BIT ALIVE," Chenle screeched back before sinking back with pout. He tried stifling his laughter as he muttered "you can't prove I don't have a soul."

Jisung sighed, waving off the boy. "Fine," he mumbled back, sniggering quietly. A few moments passed between them, silently laughing as they looked at their crap project.

"...If anything it makes them a monster fucker."

Jisung snorted loudly, bursting into laughter and falling to his side, Chenle sitting up and giggling himself as he looked at the boy rolling around in fits of giggles. "Dammit, Chenle," he choked through his laughter, calming down and just lying on the floor with a beaming smile. He looked up to Chenle's darkened ceiling, finding comfort in the warmth it brought. Maybe to a vampire, they need all the warmth they could get, and if the darkness absorbed the light and heat, maybe wearing all black 24/7 365 was the best option. Maybe Chenle didn't like the cold as much as he could handle it.

Jisung turned his head to the side as Chenle shuffled beside him, having moved the board and all. He laid next to him, mirroring his position, and turned his head to Jisung, sending him a smile. Jisung broke into a small smile, turning slightly pink and having to look away before it got too much for him. "There isn't anything interesting about the roof, Jisungie," Chenle said softly, turning his head up to the ceiling. Jisung shrugged, "I have a brain and an imagination, I can dream, Lele." Chenle chuckled, shuffling slightly closer to him.

He tapped his fingers together, Jisung turning his head slightly and furrowing his brows. He didn't really want to turn his head completely in fear of coming nose to nose with Chenle, so instead he simply turned back to the ceiling, quietly asking him what was wrong.

Chenle inhaled softly, "Can I dream with you?"
Jisung froze for a moment before releasing a light chuckle, feeling the warmth bubbling in his chest once more, not that he minded much anymore. "Of course, Lele, I'd love for you to dream with me."