Red

Jisung sighed, rolling his eyes as Jeno trailed behind Donghyuck and Mark with him and Renjun with a deep pout, staring sadly at Mark. Jisung got that his friend had an insane crush on Mark, but seriously, couldn't he just suck it up? He glanced over to Renjun, the older boy shaking his head at him with a bored expression. Even if Renjun scared him out of his wits, he needed to share his pain with someone. Jisung huffed, looking up at the sky as they all walked, drowning out Mark and Donghyuck's sappy nonsense happening in front of him and Jeno's saddened longing to look at the clouds swirling above him, seeing how many shapes he could make out.

Looking to the simple things in life can always put one's mind at ease, or at least in Jisung's mind that's how he viewed it. The clouds doing their happy little thing above his head was always nice, a good way to clear one's head. He always had to find a way to clear his head, and since creativity didn't exactly work out since he couldn't write or draw or paint or anything for the life of him, he took walks or skips around the block, singing quietly to himself. If he couldn't, he'd sit on his doorstep in the rain, bundled up in the shade, and count the cars that whizzed past. Couldn't always rely on the games on his phone, sometimes he just had to find something else.

He guessed that's what Chenle felt near the river of the forest. A sense of calm. Maybe he should add the clouds and rainy days to his project. That might work. Maybe there was more than just his damn plushies and phone.

He smiled to himself, looking back ahead, narrowly dodging a post as the group made their way to the corner store, Donghyuck complaining in front of them about how he wanted ramen. Mark chuckled, pinching his cheek and agreeing, Jeno's pout getting deeper at the sound of Mark's laughter. Jisung could only hope that Jeno would realise how happy Mark seemed, and that maybe Jeno could find someone who was just as loveable, maybe even more so.

"Hey, Jisung?" Renjun asked sweetly, making all of Jisung's fight or flight reflexes kick in. His head perked up to his name, Renjun giggling fondly at him. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"
Jisung nodded at him, reminding himself of everything Chenle had told him, trying to find something on him that could help. Unfortunately he didn't have anything silver on him, he promised himself he wouldn't wear any near Chenle, and now he was regretting being a good person. Though, he still didn't know if Renjun was really a vampire as well, or if he was just weird. Or maybe he could be something else entirely, which he couldn't rule out either. Chenle still hadn't told him if anything else existed. He didn't even know if Chenle knew.

Renjun gestured for him to follow, Jisung's heart racing as they went into the small alleyway beside the shop. Jisung cleared his throat, looking down to Renjun and giving him an awkward smile. Guess Jeno was right when he said that it was like he never met Renjun before. It had only clicked now that the boy had his hood up, gloves on as looked up to him. He didn't wear sunglasses though, so either he really was normal or Chenle was just an edgy piece of shit.

He scratched the back of his neck, "So what's up, hyung?"
"Ah, nothing much," Renjun grinned at him, leaning back on the wall behind him. He eyed Jisung up and down, "what about you?"
"Nothing much honestly," Jisung shrugged, slowly untensing his shoulders. Maybe Renjun wasn't going to do anything after all.

"You seem quite close with Chenle these days," Renjun smirked at him.

"Never mind. Shit."

"Uh yeah," he chuckled in response, "we're partners for a photography project, so I've been getting to know him."
Renjun stepped closer to him, Jisung unconsciously taking a step back, "And what have you learned, Jisung?"
Jisung stuttered, trying to find an answer as he kept walking backwards, Renjun getting closer and closer to him. He sputtered out a half baked answer of "he likes black" as his back hit the wooden fence.
Renjun breathed a short laugh, cocking his head at him, "I'm sure you've learned more than that, Park Jisung."
Jisung puffed his cheeks, rapidly shaking his head, "not really, Renjun hyung."
Renjun looked down, chuckling darkly to himself which sent shivers down Jisung's spine. Whatever Renjun was, he was definitely scarier than Chenle. The elder boy's head darted up, eyes red and silver.

Silver.

Before Jisung could register anything, Renjun hissed at him, large fangs pointed downward just like Chenle's had. Jisung could only freeze, swallowing as he registered what was happening. Renjun moved back, smirking to himself as Jisung blinked.

"Another one of you?! Seriously?!"

Renjun's face dropped, retracting back as he blinked at him. Jisung sighed with a frown, "So you are a vampire as well."
The elder boy nodded, looking back at him, his eyes devoid of any emotion, "so you do know about Chenle."
"Yeah," Jisung nodded, his heart rate calming down as he pushed his hands in his pocket, "I ran from his place when I found out and may or may not have cried," he chuckled quietly.
Renjun smiled at him, eyes still empty yet he still seemed to feel more than his emo friend back at school. "So that's the meltdown Jeno was talking about."
"Ya,"" he grinned awkwardly, "It was scary, hyung."
Renjun giggled, his eyes slowly beginning to sparkle and fill with life the more he spoke, "I wouldn't know."
"That being said," Jisung clicked his fingers, pointing at him, "you are significantly more scary than Chenle."
"Really?" Renjun's eyes lit up, breaking into a bright smile, his fangs still peeking out in front of lips. He scratched his head bashfully, his eyes still glinting silver, "Aw Jisungie thank you."

Jisung giggled in response, before a question clicked in his head, "how old are you though?"
Renjun rolled his eyes, pushing Jisung's shoulder back playfully, "I'm 18, don't worry Sungie."
"How long have you been 18?" Jisung raised an eyebrow. Renjun laughed slightly, jokingly scolding Jisung for quoting that wretched book before answering.
"I've been 18 for a few months Jisung," he shook his head, gently flicking the boy's shoulder, "Born vampires visibly age til they are 21, turned vampires visibly stop aging the moment they turn, I was born, I look 18, I think we're good."
Jisung nodded, taking in the information. Not that he wanted to be a vampire or anything, but he guessed it was nice information to have. "Do you live forever?"
"Both yes and no," Renjun shrugged, tilting his head from side to side, "the only things that 100% live forever are that one species of jellyfish," he shuddered to himself, "now those things are scary." Jisung laughed, finding it ridiculous that an apex predator could be afraid about something as far away and as trivial as a jellyfish. Renjun rolled his shoulders back, "We can live forever but I don't know anyone who's lived for over 1200 years. As of now, the oldest I know is an uncle that's like five or six hundred years old." He leaned toward Jisung, "and sometimes I have the urge to drive a stake through his heart as well, you'd think living for so long, you'd be a bit more progressive."
Jisung burst into fits of laughter, smiling at his hyung. So maybe Renjun was okay as well. Though now he knew two vampires while being human, that had to be some kind of record. But he was glad that they were okay, it was a bit weird to be so wary around Renjun, at least now he knew that the guy was fine and had his back.

Renjun clapped his shoulder, "we should head inside before they get the wrong idea."
Jisung snorted as Renjun turned. He was about to warn his fanged friend that, well, his fangs were still out, when he saw him freeze, the elder's eyes going wide. Jisung's head darted up, thinking the worst, that maybe another supernatural entity was there, or even worse, Chenle was there. But unfortunately for him, it was much worse.

Instead he watched Jeno shuffle backwards in horror before he pivoted on his heels, sprinting away.

Maybe he should've warned Renjun earlier.