Jaemin: Our Nightmare And Our Saviour

Renjun slid into his seat beside Jaemin with furrowed eyebrows. "I think someone here is a satyr."
"Oh, it's Sungchan," Chenle looked up from his ramen, pointing towards Renjun, "he can't walk."
Mark choked on his cutlet, "dude," he coughed before looking up at Chenle, "you can't just dump that on me."

Chenle laughed as Jeno sat down beside Jaemin and slid a container toward Jisung. "What happened?"
"Sungchan's a satyr and I think Shotaro's a nymph," Chenle said casually, Mark choking once again on his food. As Donghyuck handed his boyfriend water, Jeno furrowed his eyebrows, "how do you know?"
"One, scent," Chenle tapped his nose, "second, bitch one has crutches and only wears pants, even in summer, and bitch two carries his own wooden flute."
Jeno blinked slowly as he nodded, Jaemin and Renjun falling into stifled laughter as he processed the new information. Jeno shrugged, sighing almost disappointedly at himself. "Honestly, I just thought it was a weird hobby or something."
"Think again," Chenle raised his eyebrows comically, making his eyes glint silver before bursting into chuckles.

Renjun rested his head in his hand, looking admiringly at Chenle, "I'm so proud of you, you little edgy shit."
Chenle furrowed his eyebrows, looking toward Jisung for an explanation. With only a shrug in response, he looked back up at his hyung. "What do you mean?"
"Look at you, man," Renjun gestured up and down Chenle, "you're not some goth bitch vampire anymore, you're talking and laughing with the rest of us. You don't outcast yourself anymore."
"Don't be fooled, I still hate you all," Chenle scoffed, taking a bite of his food. He smiled though as he swallowed down his food, "but thanks, hyung."

Jisung froze for a moment as he looked at Renjun's eyes, his entire system going numb as he saw silver. Without any control over his own movements, he sat up and reached up, ruffling Chenle's hair in a semiconscious daze, completely at the will of someone else. He was a bit alarmed as his body stopped working in favour of his mind, but he had a feeling he knew what was happening.

As soon as the numbness washed past him and regained a sense of control he shook his head violently. Renjun chuckled as Jisung glared at him. At least it wasn't full mind control but it was definitely full muscle control.
"What the fuck, hyung," he blinked, coughing slightly.
"Well I couldn't reach over to the other side of the damn table, Jisung," Renjun rolled his eyes as if it was obvious. Jisung sighed, ruffling his own hair as Chenle peered into his peripheral vision.
"You okay?" Chenle asked, concern lacing his tone.
Jisung chuckled, "yeah, I'm fine."

"Aw look at them," Jaemin squealed, Renjun furrowing his brows at him.
"...are you okay?" Renjun asked as Jaemin sighed dramatically, lying his head on his shoulder,
As a strange fluttery feeling settled in Jisung's stomach, Jaemin grinned brightly, "they're just so cute, Renjun."

Jisung took in a stuttered breath, watching Mark rub his chest uncomfortably. Jisung knew this feeling all too well now, yet Chenle hadn't done anything, and he knew exactly who was feeling this way. He looked at some of the tables around him, noticing some people shifting in their seats strangely, some of his classmates a bit red and dazed. He internally groaned, "these damn fairies." "Jaemin hyung, too much."
"Huh?" Jaemin's eyes darted around the table, seeing everyone breathing a bit heavily, Jeno and Donghyuck in particular quite flushed. "Oh fuck sorry."
Jisung's body flipped back to normal as if he were on a roller coaster, becoming slightly dizzy from all the shit Renjun and Jaemin had done only within a few minutes. Did they really not realise how unnatural all of this was? Well, then again, nothing about them was really 'normal' now was it.

Jeno spoke up, "you two keep using your weird ass powers so carelessly, you're gonna get caught by someone."
"Aw Nono's all concerned," Jaemin cooed, pinching Jeno's cheek, "you worried about us?"
Jeno turned his head, blinking with a dead expression, "yeah, of course."
Jaemin blinked, narrowing his eyes at him for a moment before it looked like something clicked. He sat up, going slightly red as he turned back forward. Jisung chuckled as Jaemin pulled Jeno and Renjun closer to him, covering his mouth and muttering something to them only they could hear. The two of them looked up at him in slight confusion, but nodded nevertheless. Guess Jeno didn't really need to confess after all.

A moment passed the group, Jisung and Donghyuck smirking to themselves, both knowing exactly what was happening. Jeno cleared his throat, trying to return to their original topic of conversation.
"But like, you guys need to stop," his words stumbled out, tripping over one another as the rest of the boys laughed.
Jisung sank closer to Chenle, the older boy wrapping his arm around his waist and cuddling him closer. Mark snapped his fingers, pointing at Jaemin, "especially this one, seriously man."
"Well I can't help if you think loudly," Jaemin rolled his eye dramatically, falling into a slump.
Renjun looked at him skeptically, "you just can't help a lot of things."
"Who knows, maybe he'll do something worse one day," Jeno chuckled teasingly.
Jaemin shot up, narrowing his eyes at him, "I'm not a folklore fairy, Jeno, I have morals."
"Then act like it, hyung," Jisung called out to him, chuckling along with Chenle beside him.
"I'm trying!" Jaemin yelped quietly before sinking his head down on the table.

The rest of the guys chuckled, darting around conversation topics and taking bites of shared food, pushing containers around and catching them with laughter and bits of stray dialogue with a small 'thank you' in between words. Jisung sank into Chenle's coolness, sighing quietly as he debated with Donghyuck across the table on something or another.
It was a real shame he couldn't put his friends on his project when such a great amount of comfort surged from the centre of their group, wrapping them all in tethers of warmth that pulled them to one another. The best Jisung could do was put a picture of their table and Jeno's fireplace, and he hoped that Chenle would understand what he meant. That his comfort came from them, all of them, because besides plushies and clouds and rain, his comfort came from people. His home wasn't a what or a where, it was who. It was Mark and Renjun and Jeno and Donghyuck and Jaemin and, of course, Chenle. Cruel of Mr Moon to put such a restraint on their project, but at least it helped him realise that he'd always run to Jeno when the world came crashing down, not to his bed.

As the bell sounded, Jisung's heart dropped, the anxiety starting to bubble in his stomach as he realised what class he had next.
"Confession time...why did I do this to myself, oh god."
Jaemin chuckled quietly to himself as all them packed up and bid each other goodbye, well sort of as Donghyuck had jumped on Jeno's back as they had their next classes together. Chenle smiled at Jisung, telling him that he'll meet him at their class as he had to get their board. Jisung stuck his thumb out, trying to calm his nerves as the other boy walked out of the cafeteria.

Jisung swallowed harshly, eyes darting around the floor as he paced around in a small circle, attempting to convince himself that he was okay.
"Jisung," his head darted up with wide eyes as he was greeted by Jaemin's comforting smile, breathing slightly easier immediately. Jaemin took Jisung's hands into his, squeezing them reassuringly. "Look into my eyes, Sung."
Jisung gulped, looking into Jaemin's pink eyes and slowly feeling his heart rate going down, being able to take slow deep breaths once more and the nausea falling away. Jaemin smiled sweetly at him, "I know you know this is temporary until I leave, but I'm going to try and calm you for now, yeah?"

Jisung nodded, the cafeteria almost empty as kids had filed out, some still packing up things and taking their belongings. Jaemin ran his thumb across the back of Jisung's hands, "You're gonna do great, Jisungie. Your idea is wonderful and I bet you he's gonna be thrilled with it. Whatever the outcome is, though I'm sure you'll be fine, I'll be here for you." Jaemin engulfed Jisung in a hug, Jisung holding tightly to him with his fear taking over his strength. "I'm sure you're going to do beautifully, my beautiful beautiful son." Jisung chuckled quietly, burying himself in Jaemin's shoulder. "It's just a confession, it's one thing, and one thing is nothing compared to a million." Jaemin pulled away slightly, cupping Jisung's face, "you got this, yeah?"
Jisung chuckled, shrugging slightly, "I really hope so."
"You do, I know you do," Jaemin leaned up, pecking Jisung's forehead, "now go get you a man."
Jisung fell into a few giggles, the weight of his idea releasing a bit of its pressure off his chest.

He hoped he got this.

He hoped Jaemin was right.