Norenmin Shizzzz

(a/n: this is so flippin long im sorry)

To Be Wanted

Jeno huffed, looking up at the stairs for a moment. Sighing to himself, he stood up. Renjun looked up at him, "where are you going?"
"I can't just leave him, Injun," he muttered quietly.
Renjun sighed, standing up and shaking his head, "Bub, you're human, it'll be really hard to stay there, I'll go."
"I can't just let you go yourself," Jeno tried to reason. The two quietly bickered between themselves before Donghyuck sighed loudly. "Oh for fucks sake, both of you go up."
Both glanced at one another, nodding to each other. Jeno turned quickly to the remaining guys, reminding them of where the spare bedding and futons were before trailing up the stairs behind Renjun.

Renjun waited for Jeno at the top of the stairs, taking his hand as he got up. Jeno led them to his room, holding tightly to his hand in slight fear and making sure every part of his feet contacted the carpeted floor. He still wasn't too sure if it was a dream of not, but at this point he'd be very upset if it was.
He took a deep sigh as he reached his door, looking back at Renjun for reassurance. The boy sent a small smile, hardly comforting as he put his hand on the doorknob. He squeezed Jeno's hand, as if saying 'brace yourself'.

As soon as the door cracked open, Jeno could only feel overwhelming grief and distress wash over him, knotting and twisting up his insides like a blender and desperately wanting to throw it out.
"Woah," Jeno blinked, trying to reorientate himself, accidentally tightening his hold on Renjun's hand so he wouldn't fall back, not that Renjun minded.
Renjun smiled pitifully, "Yeah, honey. Are you sure you wanna stay?" He rubbed the back of his hand, "it's going to be a bit difficult."

Jeno furrowed his eyebrows, seeing Jaemin stir in the background, the boy looking back with dead, droopy eyes, making Jeno's heart shatter further than what he had felt earlier. He didn't think he could feel anymore upset about Jaemin, and yet here was. He turned back to Renjun, giving him a determined nod.
Renjun nodded back at him calmly, leaning up pecking his cheek. Jeno smiled in response, but only for a split second before another pulse of sadness passed through, though smaller than the first.

He and Renjun walked into the room, giving Jaemin smiles as the boy sat up on Jeno's bed, looking more dejected than either of them had ever seen him. The whole aura of happiness and fluttery feelings completely gone. He barely looked like the Na Jaemin they both loved so much.

"What," Jaemin spoke in a dead voice, sounding more like Chenle than anyone, his voice sending shivers down Jeno's spine.
Renjun let go of Jeno's hand, walking over to the other side of the bed. He sat down as Jeno made his way to the opposite side, the older boy engulfing Jaemin in a hug. Jaemin furrowed his brows as Renjun nuzzled into his chest, yet nevertheless he moved his arm around his shoulders, accepting the affection he was gaining. Jeno smiled to himself subtly, noticing Jaemin's feelings slowly dissipating from his chest as he sat down. He took Jaemin's hand into his own, smiling at him as Jaemin looked back at him.

"Why are you here?" he asked, voice breaking slightly as he looked back and forth between the two. Jeno's smile dropped slightly, realising Jaemin was just trying to hold himself together better to not hurt them. But he didn't mind getting hurt. If Jaemin could somehow give him all his problems he would take them all and run away to stop the burdens. He just wanted Jaemin to be okay. Maybe he was more fond of Jaemin than he thought.
Renjun looked up at him, reaching up to run  his hand through his pink locks, "Cause we want to help you feel better."
Jaemin chuckled bitterly, "It would be just easier to leave me. I should've just left."

Jeno sighed deeply, standing up from the bed and looking back at him with his arms crossed. "Absolutely not, we're going to be here until you feel better. Even if that means we have to be here for another five hundred years."
Jaemin broke into a small smile, shaking his head, "that wouldn't work and you know that."
"I could ask Renjun," Jeno shrugged, Renjun rolling his eyes but agreeing anyway.