Letter 18

Me with my small flap
The ugly duckling, but the same
My song will reach the sky
You’ll then be able to find me

- Ugly duckling, IU

Becoming a year older feels like nothing when you're in you're teens but then when you turn in your late twenties, thirties and forties, you feel that your time is running out.

Becoming old wasn't the problem, having more responsibilities and seeing the people you loved getting their time lost is.

How confident I once was when I'm in my younger years, taking every hurdle with a smile knowing that after this, I'll get to go home with a full stomach and a warm heart.

It's funny that as the years went by, the more you lost your confidence, the more insecurities you have and the more you fear the people's eyes and opinion on you.

As if you were two personas taking in half, one with the much more vibrant and sunny disposition while the other the gloomy and timid one.

But time will always come, it was an inevitable aspect of our life. We will learn to face our fears while managing to keep them ahold. We will learn and discover more of ourselves and gain the confidence we once lost.

We may have been lost in the sea of judgment but we will soon find the road that will lead us to our destination.

***
Letter 18 is up!

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!