Chapter 9: Forbidden Magic ~Bonds

~Dylan POV~

We entered the village as I felt a pain in my heart. It winced, it felt as if someone was stabbing my heart.

"Dylan. Are you okay?", asked Callie.

"My heart, it's breaking", I say with tears in my eyes.

What the hell is going on? I have a bad feeling, we have to hurry!

Callie, Jasper, and Kieran's healer Leia joined me as we stormed Felix's house. The door was sealed, we couldn't open it.

"The seal is weak, the caster must have died, with the barrier destroyed I can use 100% of my magic power again, stand back everyone", said Jasper.

~Creation Magic: Particle Dismantling Technique: yelled Jasper as he broke the seal.

We rushed into the room as I see Finn laying on the floor.

"Finn! Evelina!", yelled Callie.

"No way, Kieran and Azeus", said Leia in shock.

I run to Finn as I felt a chill in my soul.

"Babe, wake up", I say to him as tears stream down my face.

"Kieran, Kieran is dead", said Leia as she screamed.

"He's dead", I say.

The world then suddenly became silent. It was always me and Finn against the world, now I stand here staring into the abyss and Finn isn't by my side.

"Finn, Finn is dead", I say not believing the words coming out my mouth.

We then heard a roar as the entire village vibrated.

"Ziselaer, the Elemental dragon has awakened", said Jasper.

"Wake up, please wake up", I say as I rest my head on his chest.

"This isn't happening, there's no way", said Callie.

"Heal him! Callie! Heal him!", I scream.

"Dylan!", she said with tears in her eyes.

"Why are you standing there! He's dying", I yell.

"She can't heal a corpse Dylan", said Jasper as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Wake up! Wake up! My love, wake up. Please don't leave me, please, please, please. I'm begging you, please don't leave me", I cry burring my face onto him.

I sob uncontrollably as the dragon roared.

Jasper then picked up a black book that was laying on the floor. He opened the book to the first page as he gasped.

"We can bring him back", said Jasper as his eyes widen in shock.

"What?", I say in excitement.

"Forbidden Spell #1, Relinquish, if this spell must be used then it must be used right now before his soul is lost forever", said Jasper as he shut the book.

"Let's do it", I yell.

"As of any Forbidden spell, there are conditions for casting this spell and a painful price", said Jasper.

"What is the price of using this magic?", I ask.

"First the caster of the spell must be an enchanter and the price....", he said as he gulped hard.

It then became dead silent as we all looked at each other.

"The price is casters time and life must be sacrificed to give life and if the bond between the two is strong, only then will the spell work", said Jasper.

"I'll do it", I say as they all look at me.

"Are you crazy!", yelled Callie.

"I promised him, I will always protect him, if my death allows him to live then I will gladly pay that price", I say with tears in my eyes.

"Are you sure?", asked Jasper.

"I've never been this sure about anything in my life. I will die so he can live", I say.

"We have 2 enchanters currently present, Callie and Leia", says Jasper.

"Callie, please", I say with tears streaming down my face.

"You're asking me to sacrifice my time and your life so Finn can live", said Callie as she burst into tears.

"Please, I love him", I say to her.

"Alright", she said as I hug her.

"Would this work on Kieran?", asked Leia.

"Yes it will", said Jasper.

"Then I'll do it", she said.

"We have to go find someone who will willingly give their life to revive Kieran now", I say.

"His sister, I'm sure she will", said Callie.

"I'm afraid that's not an option, we can't wait any longer, this must be done right now", said Jasper.

"Can I do it and sacrifice my life?", asked Leia as a tear fell from her eyes.

"Are you and him close?", asked Jasper.

"He doesn't know this but I'm in love with him, I know you think it's silly but deep down, he's a really nice guy", she said as she smiled.

"If we do this, Callie will live and you will die Leia", says Jasper.

"It's just as Dylan says, if my life can let my loved one live then it's a price i must pay", says Leia wiping her tears.

"I'll draw the magic circle", said Jasper.

"Sensei, could you tell him something for me?", I say.

"Sure", said Jasper as a tear fell out of his eyes.

This pain, it's definitely hurting Jasper too, he's fathered us all and he's watching his children die.

"Could you tell him, thank you for the food that day and I love him and I'll always be watching over him", I smile.

"I will", said Jasper as he hugged me.

.....

"It's time", says Jasper wiping his tears.

I stood inside the magic circle as Jasper put Finn in, Leia stood in her's while they put Kieran in her magic circle.

~Forbidden Magic #1, Relinquish:~ yelled Leia and Callie as a bright light blinded us all.

I lived a sad life, my parents died when I was 2 and I've been alone since then, no friends or family to take me in so I was living on the streets, I had a hard life, begging for food most days, sometimes catching some fish on other days, I didn't have a lot going for me but I did have my magic, it was the only constant in my life. One day when I was 9, the royal family came to town, the Aslan's, there was a big celebration but we vagabonds weren't invited, I had nothing to eat that day and there were royal guards on guard everywhere, even near the pond where I caught fish. I couldn't go anywhere near the pond, I passed out from hunger. I then woke up to see a boy next to me, he had blue glowing eyes and wore fancy clothes, he seemed to be a royal. He gave me his lunch box that day, I've never eaten such amazing food in my life. He smiled at me while the royal guards took him away, that was the happiest day of my life. I used my magic to train every day, I promised myself I'll be strong enough and enroll in the magic academy if I ever meet that boy again, I'd tell him, thank you for the food, that was you, Finn, I could have never forgotten that beautiful blue eyes, the next time I met you, you didn't know who I was, your memory was taken from you, I never got to tell you Finn, thank you for the food.

-Love, Dylan.

....