°•|Chapter XIII|•°

°•|Chapter XIII|•°

The first few periods flashed by fast. 

And before you knew it, the bell had rang sending the message throughout the school that it was time for a forty minute break: lunchtime. 

After sitting in a chemistry class - bits of information flying in from one ear and out the other without giving your brain time to process it - bored out of your mind for two hours, you just wanted to relax.

Weaving through the horde of students, you walked straight past the cafeteria and out into the back of the school; where tables accompanied by benches laid separately in different spots within the yard. You chose to sit at a table near a wooden planter box filled with Zinnias, of which varied from shades of pink and red.

Slipping your bag off your shoulders, you sat at the end of the bench before placing your bag onto the table. Unzipping it you took out your packed lunch which consisted of two sandwiches cut into triangles; some strawberry flavoured water; and a Subway cookie your mother gave to you from her own lunch break at work. 

Taking a bite out of one of the sandwiches, you watched as the senior kids made their way out of the school gates - on their way to whatever shop or café, the sun washing over them from up above as it cheerily smiled down upon you.

Sighing inwardly, you decided to focus on your food. The day wasn't so bad so far, you've met quite a few potential friends; all who seemed to have an interest for your friendship as well. However, your heart wasn't in the right state to make new friends at the moment. It kept reminding you of your friends back in Green Hills, Montana.

What's the point of making friends here in North Dakota when you're going to suffer the same loss like with the others? Assuming if you actually become close with any of them... Or if you ever leave. Okay, there is a point. But the chances of that ever happening was 50/50.

You uncapped the bottle of strawberry flavoured water, before taking a sip. Your eyes trailed off to the grassy hill behind you, sparkling in the sunlight as it travelled higher. It reminded you of farmland. Farmland... 

A weird sense of déjà vu hit you. 

A wave of memories flashed by you, each and every one of them holding joy and longing. It was crazy to even think that all of them just occurred a week ago. Before you even reached the top of the hill, your eyes tumbled back down to the Zinnias beside you - the flowers of remembrance. A smile graced your lips. Although these memories were the darkest, they had a happy aftermath. Taking another bite of your sandwich in hand, you closed your peepers.

The next breath you took was cold and fresh.

A sharp moo pierced your ears.

°•|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|•°

MOOOOOO!

You flinched and gritted your teeth, your ears throbbing as Bessie mooed into them for the third time this late evening.

The old cow had just given birth to a little brown calf. Maddie and Tom had helped the farmer with the delivery - of course, you sat that one out and decided to wait outside chilling on a fence with the Shepard dog, Bingo. 

The entire time you've been thinking about Sonic - how he sent you and the Wachowskis back here in Green Hills just so he could deal with Eggman alone. Your body still felt jittery from falling off the Transamerica pyramid; you basically looked like you had a brawl with a fan whilst tumbling around in a spinning elevator.